Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change to Vodafone broadband and TV resulting in loss of internet (Wi-Fi) in some rooms

Options
  • 06-09-2022 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I had Vodafone installed recently with result of the router being now in the sitting room as i did not want cable routed all over the place as i am renting. By doing so, part of the house now have lost internet access, (the 2 back bedroom and my office which is a problem as working 75% from home, had to move to the kitchen, and when the kids come to visit they complaint they can’t use the Wi-Fi in their bedrooms). I am not technology savvy and wonder if using tipi link deco mesh system could fix my issue? Can you add it to the router when there is already the tv box connected to it? Thank in advance for your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭niallb

The Deco mesh should work for you

There are two sockets on most models (M4 for example) and you'd plug the one with the world symbol on it into your Vodafone router. The TV box can probably plug into the other port on the Deco if you only have one port on the Vodafone router, but there's likely to be 4.

What type of broadband router do you have?

i got two deco mesh m5s and they didnt really send a great signal to the whole of the house (tho did very well at giving a signal to the room the second unit was placed in, which is an office)

i debated going with another solution but saw two x20's on offer and added them to my setup, with one as my main unit. results excellent since- id recommend starting with two of the latter and adding smaller units as required

Advertisement