Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to open an account

• 07-09-2022 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have received a large cheque from the sale of a house. 70k.

I don't want to lodge this into my normal bank account.

However, Unsure where to lodge. Should I open a credit union account, post office or any other ideas?

I was told the cu only hold 20k. I dont think you can jusr deposit 20 and take the remainding elseshere?

I'm trying to get a mortgage next year as out on maternity leave ATM and want to keep it safe for the future. Thanks for reading & your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

If looking at a mortgage, maybe a mortgage saver account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Is there a reason why you don't want to lodge it into your bank account?

It's hard to make suggestions if we don't know why you are not going with the simplest/obvious choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

How about State Savings? Solidarity Bonds?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

*** Mod Worning ***

I have deleted a number messages making assumptions about the OP motives etc... The OP simply states that they want to keep it safe for the purpose of a new mortgage later.

There is to be no more speculation on motives, means testing, tax evasion etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭POBox19

Lodge it into your bank asap, then open a deposit a/c and transfer it there. That can usually be done within online banking. You can then consider other investment options safe in the knowledge that the money is under your control.

• Advertisement
Advertisement