Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuchel sacked by chelsea

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Both also started out without well established CVS. Ancelloti got sacked out of Parma and Juve without a trophy and was nearly sacked at Milan too.

Clubs in Italy Spain and Germany seem to be willing to give coaches that have not had great success elsewhere a chance if they're known or thought to be good coaches.

England it seems to be one chance and that's it. You're a failure of it doesn't go well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The only real surprise is they sacked him so soon I thought they would wait till the world cup to do it.

Ornstein is reporting the Boehly spoke to the players so nothing really has changed there at Chelsea player power talking with the owner helps get another manager sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

its early days, Seen very little what he has brought to Chelsea, but I think Sterling is over-rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

In what way. He has better than 1 in 3 goals per game and a little over 1 in 3 assists. He doesn't take frees, penalties, or corners either.

He's a victim of his own success/talent and people play down that he's a bloody good player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I wonder did he know last night already. He looked and sounded really bad in the post match interview. And I don't mean his usual bad, he sounded defeated and very down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Of course he is a good player, just think he is over-rated - the media did a hatchet job on him when he started he started out , which was very wrong, - now I think he is over-rated - but thats just my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭TRC10

If things didn't work out for Potter he would probably have to start off down the rung again at a less big PL club.

In which case he's no worse off than he is now.

A Villa/Everton/Leicester type club would snap him up if he got sacked by Chelsea. He's already proven himself as a very good PL manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If I had a penny for every coach who was doing a great job at a smaller club and then ended up sacked a few years later when the performances dropped, then I would probably have quite a few pennies.

If Potter gets offered that job then he needs to grab it with both hands. Yes he might end up another David Moyes, but at least thats better than being the next Sean Dyche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Owner interference, Big name manager doesnt like it - hes sacked.

Owner then gets a manager of 'lesser' pedigree, knows he will do what he is told - hes hired..

Its great to watch :) #COYS

Surprised they didnt go for Mr Chelsea ......

(thats jason Cundy , isnt it ?? )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
Advertisement