Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wheelchair accessible restaurants

• 07-09-2022 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Family heading to Limerick soon. With one family memeber a wheelchair user, we want to plan ahead. Any recommendations for a wheelchair accessible restaurant?

So often we get to a place that claims to be accessible, but the visit is let down by toilets that are filled with mops/brushes, steps, moving other diners so we can pass etc. Doesnt have to be fine dining, a mix of cafes and regular restaurants would be perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

SodaCakes Coffee House in Thomondgate is an option for you. Open 9am to 3pm. Not sure if you will be city centre based or if the opening hours suit, however, Thomondgate is not far from town. It would be on the way from the Castle to Thomond Park.

I know of a manual wheelchair user going there almost daily and there's four people I know with mobility scooters that go there regularly.

Here's the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sodacakes

I hope you enjoy your trip to Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Any of the restaurants in the Castletroy town center would be a good shout. They dont have toilets in the restaurants themselves instead use the centers toilets which have a disabled toilet that you can be sure doesnt double as a storage unit, also ample parking with disabled spaces close to the door and everything is at ground level

You have Hook and Ladder, Bella Italia and Coqbull ( this might be a bit tight for a wheelchair inside though )

Sorry i have no experience of the city center as I rarely eat in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Liath Luachra

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Liath Luachra

Advertisement