Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ann post delayed / lost my parcel that I have returned to samsung

Options
  • 07-09-2022 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I ran into an issue where I don't know what to do !!

I returned one of the samsung smart watches that i have ordered online through ann post as I longer needed it.

As I live in Dublin 14 and I have to return the product to samsung office in Dublin 22,I chose standard post instead of registered post and it turns out to be a very big mistake.

I posted my product on 31st August 2022 and i emailed samsung asking for the status of product return and they are saying they haven't received the product yet hence can't issue any refund.

When I went to ann post office they are saying they can't track the product as it is sent via standard post and we always deliver products safely so its not our fault may be samsung recieved it and not acknowledging that they recieved it thats what ann post guy said to me.

I know I should have sent the product through registered post but I chose standard post as i have to send the product within the same city and now I don't know where is my product !!

Samsung is saying they haven't received it and ann post is saying they always deliver products safely but can't track where my product is.

What are my options here, I am very helpless here. Please please help me out. It will be really helpful.

Attaching my proof of postage and photo of parcel that i have sent.

Post edited by saurabhsharma255 on

Comments

Its only been a week!

Give it a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

very bad packaging. So it can't be read by the auto sorting machines and gets manually sorted with all the rest of the poorly packaged and badly written addresses.

This causes a delay, so probably only delivered today or yesterday and then goes through the Exertis system.

When posting stuff, make sure the address is fully flat (in picture it is curved around the product) and if adding your address, have this in the top left corner. This way the auto address reader and conveyor belt system gets it to the destination without any human intervention until it is on the van for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I am not sure you need to attach photos which include personal details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Take down the picture that shows your Eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saurabhsharma255

Hi,

I checked with Samsung again and they still haven't received my returned parcel.

Any idea what I can do now ,it will be really helpful.

Regards,

Saurabh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Unfortunately there is little you can do bar keep asking have they received it.

Parcels containing expensive items should always be sent via registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I had to return the Z flip 4 myself and luckily I spoke to a lady in Samsung who advised I registered the package. I guess you will have to wait and see how it plays out. Always register expensive items, no matter where it's going. Be patient & fingers crossed, it's received.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Buffman

I know it won't help now, but next time consider using parcelmotel to send. For that size of parcel you would have gotten nationwide fully tracked UPS delivery from any PM locker for €6.50.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saurabhsharma255

Hello guys Good news, finally this morning samsung recieved my returned product. It got delayed but it is delivered successfully. They have issued the refund as well.

Thanks for all your help and support.

Advertisement