Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Venetian Blind slats

• 07-09-2022 12:48pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My dog has managed to snap the ends of a couple of slats on my Venetian blinds. Looking online, it seems replacing blind slats is extremely straightforward:

So I'd be happy to do this myself. Has anyone done this or can recommend where to purchase replacement slats? Most of the companies I can find online seem to be UK based, would prefer to deal with Irish company for convenience. It is the plastic style blades I went for, not real wood if it matters.

I assume the slats can be cut to measure, and there is a tool available to punch the string hole? The blind brand is Luxaflex, but they only seem to deal with the trade and not consumer. My next port of call is to contact the blind installer, but from experience they will probably shoot me down so thought I'd check on here. Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

In the end I contacted the blind company and they confirmed they can either send blind back to the manufacturer for repair or can get replacement slats so happy days. Just in case anyone comes across this thread in the future.

Advertisement