Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission for front wall of property

Options
  • 07-09-2022 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me here as I've searched online and am none the wiser.

I'm aware that the front wall of a property can be no higher than 1.2m and 2m for a gate to be exempt from planning permission. What I'm unsure of is if the piers/pillars are included in that 1.2m? It is quite a long front wall, around 30m, so we plan to put piers every 3 metres for support.

We have knocked the existing wall as it was badly damaged from an overgrown hedge and plan to build a new wall to 1.2m. We would like to build the piers a bit higher with wall top railings on top of the wall but if we can't go above 1.2m with the wall top railings and piers then it's back to the drawing board or we apply for planning. Has anyone gone through the planning application for something like this before? Is it an easy and quick process?

Any help would be appreciated.

Post edited by leaanneg on

Comments

Advertisement