Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car insurance question

• 07-09-2022 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question i had a incident at the start of the year

Someone crashed into me , it was on CCTV so they lost i won,

I got a mail from my insurance company that the recovered the whole cost of the repairs which was 3 grand & they had also succeseful in recovering my excess,

All good on my side

Now i have got my insurance renewal & its says the claim is still in process & 400 euro has been added to my renewal price,

Surely that is a mistake,

i rang them and they said they will get back to me, but surely its a mistake right ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Are you sure the €400 is related to the claim and not a price increase? Secondly, when was the claim finally settled? Renewals are calculated many weeks in advance of the renewal date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Yes I spoke to them on the phone yesterday & they said its relate to the claim

The claim was settled in June , they told me on there system it was down as still open but i have email confirming in May it was settled & they recovered all costs ,

I got that reply of we will have to look into it and get back to you ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If they have recovered all their outlay, they will not prejudice your premium. It sounds like the claim recovery record was not updated in time for the preparation of your renewal premium. I'd be confident it will be sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Is there any possibility that the OP's insurers incurred some elements of outlay that they did not recover ?

I assume that the renewal notice contained a statement of no claim discount. If so, what did that show as compared to last year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,860 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The no claims said 3 years on it which is what they would put me at if i did have claim,

Iv been with the company that long & had no claims that if i make a claim under a certain price it goes to 3 instead of 0 if you get me ,

The email i received said "ALL costs had been recovered " & then gave the figure

I think its a error in the office but i haven't heard back as of yet ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement