Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attempted fraudulent access to my account

• 07-09-2022 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

was alerted by receiving a text with an aproval code that i hadnt asked for, so rang the bank, permanent tsb, and now over an hour later ive had my log in details and online account details changed.

I was quite freaked as it happened so close to cl9ocking off time, and i was nearly left with no way to access the account .

just a heads up in case it happens to anyone else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Hopefully it worked out ok.

Heads up, usually they will ring or send a push message (a notification from inside the app itself) rather than a text so you can usually either ignore a text or ring them to enquire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭gussieg

yes i didnt recognise the permanent tsb number or the order of the text, usually it gave approval code at end of message, but this was one for someone who was trying to log into the account itself, rather than just taking money via card details

Advertisement