Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young people and emigration: The elephant in the room

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Housing99

Its not a me problem. Society has failed any single earner who is not rich the ability to have a secure home

Unless I go into the tech industry, and I hate maths and have no interest in science so thats not an option, I face being homeless in old age if I stay in Ireland. Its a waste of a life having that insecurity at all times but thats the realities of life in a free market capitalist hell hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

No clearly your paranoid and self loathing views are causing you distress. I am not the only one to point it out to you. It is a waste of life to worry about something you can't control while hating yourself. You are on anti-depressants and I suspect you got these through your GP and are not getting additional help you clearly need. This is not to win an argument, you need help for the views you have expressed about how you feel about yourself. You are just using the housing issues as your focal point.

Then again you don't even think I am human

if a long term tenant of yours hit retirement and couldn't fund their rent would you evict them?

I would evict anybody for not paying rent. Would you pay a stranger to be housed out of your income?

How many people have said you should get professional help due to your expressed views?

Professional help wont change a rigged housing system. Im like many many other a victim of late stage capitalism

And evicting old people is horrible and immoral and the reasons Chairman Mao was correct on landlords

It won't change reality but it might make you understand the mental health issues you have which are separate from the housing crisis which just happens to be the issue you are focusing on. Go ask for help because you know currently you can't deal with reality and haven't tried seeking help. You know currently you are in a bad place so what is the worst that could happen?

I tell you what you pay half of the rent for my tenant and I will swallow the other half so they don't have to pay rent. Would it be immoral to expect some random individual to support somebody else just because they provide one type of service? By the same measure you not giving money to aid where it could save multiple lives is immoral. My family have housed a person for over 40 years while the state have finally said they will provide her with purpose built housing. For all your moral view on landlords I have done more to house people than you have and my family provided security for over 4 decades.

The state are responsible for housing those that can't afford it not a private citizen. Can you explain why it is not the states responsibility but mine? Where would you be living if there was no where to rent?

The state has a duty to house its citizens like it did in the past, but it doesn't because it is ideologically opposed to social housing so instead uses hap to fund landlords. The parties of the right (FFG) represent the wealthy and asset owners

I do pray that a Sinn Fein goverment will provide long term social housing to its citizens. If not and we continue as is you will have house sharing into peoples 40s as a norm, then you will see things like Trailer Parks and we will end up somewhat like America, where poorer people can never retire as rent has to be paid

Make no mistake we are facing a pensions and elder homeless emergency in 30 to 40 years thanks to pro landlord anti social housing policies

So you didn't answer any of the questions put to you but instead tell me of your dream of a magic solution you hope for. Still waiting for your proof that any of that is a plan to make people rent.

Are you not going to pay a strangers rent for them or not?

This is where your delusions are not going to help you in the real world. Just ignore questions and tell us all how the world is wrong.

We all pay for strangers through our taxes

If the state has no plan for people to rent privately over owning then why has the rate of home ownership fallen from 81% in 1991 when they say Ireland was "poor" to 68% today?

When you say "wont help me in the real world" the fact is that me, and hundreds of thousands of others will simply never be able to buy a home in Dublin regardless of what we do. We are force to pay landlords for shelter.

Its pre land league Ireland again, you may believe that some people have more of a right to a home than others, I certainly dont

• Advertisement

Now stop being silly and acknowledge what you have said and admit you aren't answering questions. We all pay taxes but you want landlords to reduce their income for a stranger ON TOP of the taxes they pay. I have given you an offer where we both pay for somebody to be rent free, do you want to do it?

Pointing to a change in home ownership is absolutely no proof of a plan. You have to point to the plan you claim is there. Pointing to a outcome is not linked to causation just because you claim it is. A claim you can't point out shows your paranoid thought.

The fact is of the hundreds of thousand not many have tied their entire self worth to it like you have. You also have trouble understanding that because people are on same wages as you that they aren't on their own like you. Many of these people are just starting out or with somebody earning more. Your grouping of people on your wage as all in the same boat is way off. You aren't even on the average wage and single and expect to be able to buy on your own.

It is not even close to pre land league because a tenant can stop paying rent and never pay it with it taking 2 years to remove them. That is to say your view is beyond exageration to be a an outright lie.

You mentioned you could move into IT but you hate maths. I can assure you that you are not even vaguely capable for IT due to your inability to use logic. As you don't like maths I assume that is because it is too difficult for you hence you don't understand figure and stats.

I never said only some people have the right to a home you just made that up. I don't believe I have to personally provide them with housing but you seem to think I should and offered no explanation why and don't seem willing to do the same. I pay more than your salary in taxes and you want more. I can take my money out of this economy and will if it suits me as will many other landlords so there will be less housing.

You need help as you are miserable and just spiraling further.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Can we bring the thread back on topic please, it's strayed pretty far at this stage

Once again, you're calling me a hypocrite when I have stuck firmly from beginning to end to the exact same position. I haven't assumed any higher moral position (unlike you), and then, showed myself as being other than it.

Gonna leave this here as per the mod notice, as you seem incapable of arguing the points made.

Advertisement