Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sealing shower tray classi seal

• 07-09-2022 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi, i want to seal my shower tray. My shower tray fits perfectly in the end of my en-suite ( 3 walls around shower tray). The shower tray is going to be installed up against the studded wall area before the waterproof board (jackoboard) is installed. Is ok that classi seal will be fitted to shower tray but will be behind the waterproof board (jackoboard) and then tiled. As I don’t have enough room to jackoboard to floor and then fit shower tray with classi seal, i.e shower tray has to be fitted and then jackoboard down on top of edge of shower tray. Classi seal will then be behind jackoboard and then tile. Is this ok? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'd imagine if you asked this question to classi seal tec department they will say definitely not. It is designed to go over the board & directly behind the tile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Kealyboy

Classi seal tec department. Quote “Thank you for getting in contact.

For your planned installation, I can advise that Classi Seal will still provide a waterproof seal as the last line of defense to protect the bottom tray joint behind the waterproof Jackoboard sheets and tiles.

However within your 3 wall installation, you should also consider how best to protect the vulnerable Jackoboard sheet joints to ensure that they are also waterproofed. 

To ensure that all areas behind the tiles are protected with a waterproof system, we would recommend using an alternative product called Classi Plus (in place of Classi Seal) which is compatible with a Classi Waterproofing kit”

Advertisement