Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g booster

Options
  • 08-09-2022 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought and had success with one of those 4g signal boosters?

My indoor reception is flaky so I’m considering trying one as 4g is my only option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,558 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Mobile signal repeater, yes.

Installed one a few months ago when our WISP shutdown. Working great for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Which one did you get?

What I’m on about is the one you attach outside your home and it links to another part inside, to give you an outdoor signal inside.

I purchased the 5 band 700/800/900/1800/2100 unit.

We went from a mediocre 2g/3g signal downstairs to perfect 3g indoor calls and 4g+ data within the antenna coverage area, 4g data beyond that. We are almost 9kms from the mast and get mostly 6 out of 6 signal strength for the 700/800/900 bands and 3 to 4 signal for the 1800/2100 band. Even with the lower signal the phones in the house mostly connect to the 2100 band.

In the process we also got rid of the poor landline phone and replaced it with a home mobile phone with a GoMo €14.99 sub, which gives us a Wi-Fi signal when required.

It doesn't give router speeds but acceptable for us, my brother nearby went with a separate B818 router and gomo sim attached to 2 external aerials and gets speeds in excess of 100 Mbps. All fine for now until the NBP arrives in 2025/26.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

do you have broadband/wi-fi and assuming you do does your mobile plan and phone support wifi calling as that may fix your issue?

No broadband, our WISP shutdown early July. Our WISP was up to 5 Mbps, we get more than this via mobile broadband.

• Advertisement
Advertisement