Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1923 - Yellowstone - *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No idea. Never even heard of it. What's it on? Who makes it? Who is in it? What's its about?

How long is it out?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

Is that the one they keep showing the trailer for with Helen Mirren doing a terrible Irish accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭omeara1113

Yes

It's the lead up to yellow stone if your going to look at it you have to look at 1886 first is about the generations of the Dutton's

Post edited by omeara1113 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what order would you watch. I am just currently in middle of season 2 of Yellowstone i believe

Well I watched Yellowstone first then 1886 currently 1923 I think it's the best of the lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I'd recommend watching them in the sequence which they originally aired.

You should watch Yellowstone seasons 1 to 4 first.

Then watch 1883. It is a one season, ten episode story with the main protagonist Elsa Dutton, the older sister of John Dutton Senior, she is the great aunt of John Dutton III (Kevin Costner's character in Yellowstone) It tells the story of how the Dutton family of James and Margaret Dutton (Tim McGaw & Faith Hill) came to Montana as pioneers and why the Yellowstone ranch is located where it is. There are a number of plotlines from the 1883 family's story revealed in a couple of flashbacks during Season 4, so you will know a little bit already going into the show from YS.

Then watch the first part of Yellowstone season 5 (episodes 1 to 8)

Then watch 1923 season 1 (eight episodes) This show is planned to last for two seasons.

After that lot you will be ready for whatever the second part of Yellowstone season 5 and the other spin-off shows brings us later in the year and beyond.

The two additional shows from which are also on the way soon:

6666 concerns a (real life) famous Texas ranch to which one of the long time characters of the main Yellowstone show was transferred. The relationship between the Yellowstone ranch and the 6666 has been establishing a lot in recent seasons. I expect this show to be very, very similar to the main show.

Bass Reeves is about the first black US deputy marshal (this was a real person), and though I'm unsure exactly how, the time in which Reeves lived suggests it may tie in somehow with characters introduced during the 1883 show.

Enjoy!

Post edited by duridian on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

1923 sure is slow hard going

great characters but it’s turning into a bit of a slog

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've watched them all as well and find 1923 to be the most gripping, I assume this is a spoiler free thread so I won't go into my reasons on thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think you are fine I dont think many are watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There seem to be a lot of nasty feckers in 1923, nasty businessmen, nasty religious people, nasty lawmen, and nasty corrupt judges and politicians. It even highlights a nasty law, Miscegenation, a backward law that was still law well into the middle of the 20th Century.

I don't know how much exaggeration there is in 1923, but Montana at least must have been a nasty state to live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think for most of history in any place your life would be pretty bad if you didnt have money or influence. Timothy Dalton is providing a worthy villain to the show- Yellowstone and 1883 both lack interesting villains

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm liking 1923 because the storylines are seperated, they aren't forcing to have all the characters in 1 place at the same time and then making it clear that they aren't there, stuff like Kevin Cosner's lighting being completely different, camera over the shoulder characters during conversations, crap like that really annoy me.

The whole "Out of Africa" things is gripping for me, some great story telling, character development, etc. etc.

The 1 thing that's down for me is the whole Timothy Dalton character, he's either a moustache twirling villan or he's Joffrey, having him being both is odd.

(Thanks to the mods by the way for marking the spoilers)

Just finished it there, Jesus it’s a hard watch in places. Need to watch a comedy now or something

I've Walker Independence on my to watch list, it's CW show it'll be a bit easier to watch, probably a lot cleaner as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Just watched the first half of this last night and my god, the scenes in Nairobi were bloody awful. Just terrible Mills and Boon tripe. So badly contrasted with what was happening back in Montana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flimimg of the second season has been delayed indefinitely due to the writers strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Just finished season one. Great story, great characters and great cast.

There wasn’t much surprise in John being killed. A Dutton not shown on the main credits is not going to be around for long. Same thing happened on YELLOWSTONE in the first episode.

Spencer and Alex are good enough to have a series just about them in Africa.

Timothy Dalton just superb as the Big Bad.

I kept expecting Teonna to end up under the protection of the Duttons until they revealed her family name. Nice to get some background to Rainwater. The Chairman and Mo are are a great pair of characters who are unforgivably sidelined in Season 4. They could carry a series set just in the office talking.

I don’t think Zane and Alice’s cliffhanger is going to have a happy outcome. Don’t think I’ve ever even heard the word before, let alone that it was alas. I dread finding out what happens to the poor woman in custody.

I’m confused by Alex’s royal title. Her ex-fiancé’s father is the Earl of Sussex, so his wife would be the Countess of Sussex. How can Alex also be the Countess of Sussex ?

Did/Does the captain of a British ship really have to obey a minor royal ? Surely the safety and protection of the passengers overrides that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Did Joseph Mawles really leave RINGS OF POWER for that very small role in two episodes?

I thought he had been cast as a villain for season 2 or something. Seems mad to give up a big role for a guest star spot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement