Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmetic surgery in Turkey

Options
  • 08-09-2022 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello

Has anybody here had work done in Turkey, or have first hand reviews from anybody who has?

I am strongly considering a nose job over there to sort out my oversized honker for once and for all.

I'm in the research phase at the moment, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I want to know how you settled on a specific clinic- I won't trust social media reviews as I suspect a lot are either bots or paid reviews. I'd prefer first hand knowledge.

If you have advice or tips I'd like to hear them please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I was in the same boat trying to research Turkey. I gave up and decided to just get it done here - despite the waiting lists of around a year and the massive cost. Tough enough to find out information regarding the surgeons based in Ireland also, but at least you can have an in person consultation. I also decided if something went wrong I’d be in a better position here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

There are tonnes of Instagram and Facebook accounts of people who have had cosmetic surgery where surgeons and hospitals are recommended. I had surgery last year and just liked the responses and package from the clinic I chose. I am currently looking for another place as I plan to go back for another surgery towards the end of the year and am just contacting clinics for packages, then I look into the surgeons and hospitals they work with before I make a decision.

I don’t use social media so I couldn’t go down that route - OP might though.

I would be cautious about how genuine those accounts and reviews are, but I guess if there’s plenty of negative ones as well as positive ones it’s probably real and as long as you use your head it’s fine I’m sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I have a thread open on the dental front and opted out in the end as it’s good to have care on speed dial if it’s needed as it is surgery .

my nose is massive btw , love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I follow people who have had or are planning to have the same surgery as me so I am getting lots of information that way. The only thing you can do is Google rhinoplasty in Turkey and contact the clinics that come up. I knew I only wanted to take one flight so that ruled some places out with seasonal flights. Irmet and Ekol hospitals are recommended again and again in groups I am in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

I don't really use social media much- and I would be way of paid promotions etc

I'd be interested in hearing directly from people who have gone over to have a procedure- I think there's less chance of paid actors on boards. (not to say it doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be as common compared to other social media that use bots etc)

What should I be looking for in terms of credentials that a surgeon should have?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

Is there anyone else who has advice or feedback here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Just get it done here, take out a loan if you have to. If you get it done abroad you wont have the aftercare available, if something goes wrong you cant just go back to where you got it done or speak with the surgeon or doctor who could potentially fix the problem for free. Ive heard the plastic surgeons in Blackrock is very good, Ive no experience myself but Suzanne Jackson had work done there. it will be expensive but if anything goes wrong, it will save you money in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LiqN2

Hi,

I have had cosmetic surgery in Instanbul and I would recommend the clinic I went to.

Reasons why I went to Turkey:

Cost - I was quoted 20,000 euro for what I wanted done here in Dublin and Cork. I was quoted by Turkish clinics anywhere from 6,000 to 8,000 euros.

Familarity - I have been to instanbul before - i know and like the location, affordability and the people and I know a few words of Turkish.

what got me over the drawbacks

reading and researching the clinics on multible sites,

I have a high tolerance for pain and I dont mind traveling alone, I am also patient when it comes to other cultures and respectful of them too.

I had a good feeling about one clinic and their reviews from multiple sources and when I got in touch their responces , I dropped another clinic and lost 800 euro despoit

I brought my sister with me just to have someone with me

You need to be willing to use social media , to research! Also you need a type of personality that embrasses travel, to deal with people that dont speak your language even when they are incredably polite to you it can be hard when you are fearful and everyone is speaking turkish. This is my advice based on reading many reviews of people that had surgery in Turkey and their negative experiences.Also i went for one of the more expensive clinics.

I am not one bit fearful of the surgeon I picked or the clinic - surgeon is excellent and cliinic was excellent - way better than surgeons in ireland - I have had one surgery in ireland and my sisters had surgeries in ireland and I can tell you my results are incredable.

for what it is worth there is a facebook group - surgery in turkey-

I am having my surgery (both fixing deviated septum and taking care of a bump from a break years ago) next week here in Ireland. Excited and nervous. 11k in total but happy with the surgeon I chose (so far….post surgery & time will tell).

• Advertisement
Advertisement