Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full test waiting times

Options
  • 09-09-2022 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi all,

Any ideas what the waiting times are at the moment? I've been on the list since the start of August for Mulhuddart (Carlton Hotel) but no notifications so far. Do you normally get an e-mail saying you can proceed with booking a test date?

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I did mine in Naas, didn't take long... Yeh, I got an email telling me to make a booking, rang my instructor and coordinated a time with him to ensure I could do a pretest right before...

I'd say it took about a month from initial payment... It happened allot quicker than I expected... But made me put everything together in quick order.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Duine_Eigin

I've been on the waiting list in Mulhuddart since the start of April. Absolute shambles!

I rang last week to see what the story was and I was offered a date next month in Tallaght but couldn't get any confirmed date for Mulhuddart. I just decided to wait as I don't want the hassle of learning the Tallaght routes and travelling over there.

When you do get offered a date, you'll get an email and be offered dates/times which are about a month away. Keep an eye on your IBT expiry date. If it's getting close, get onto them and see if you can get a cancellation. Otherwise, you'll be left forking out another few hundred quid to do module 5 to renew it before the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

I've redone my IBT a few months ago so no issues there. However the one thing I don't understand is, I've gone onto Myroadsafety.ie, it tells me that I'm on a waiting list, but I never really applied for it and didn't pay, so I'm not sure if that was done automatically. Contemplating on whether I should change to Navan if I can get a date faster.

@Bluefoam glad you had a speedy turnaround. How was the Naas route?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Naas was grand, it's an hour from home, but was advised to book there because they seem to get openings relatively quickly...

I did one lesson and a pretest... Didn't bother learning the route. If you are well prepared it doesn't matter what roads you do it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

True that, but considering I'm living close to Bettystown, Naas would be an ordeal to get to :) .. I've requested a change to Navan test centre and I'll ring in a couple of weeks time so see where they're at. Hopefully I'll have this closed out before end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 potatoe head

Hi anyone have any idea how long are waiting times at tralee test centre for motorcycle test . tks

Advertisement