Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin company for Collection on Demand only

• 09-09-2022 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi

Is there any Bin-Company in Dublin that collects on demand only? We have very little stuff to Bin (most goes to a recycling center close by), and it would be nice just to use (and pay :-) ) just for occasionally collection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Without knowing for sure. This would not make much sense commercially for a bin company so unlikely I’d imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No firm would willingly do that as the cost of the trucks prowling to look for bins to pick up is quite significant.

There are a very, very small number of areas that have Greyhound pay per use bags - and no actual bins, due to street constraints. And DCC's list of those areas doesn't seem to be available online anymore!

https://bigbin.ie/ may work if there's one in your area, but retain the paper tickets in case you are asked to prove that you are disposing of waste legally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We take ours to the Bring Centre in the North Strand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭marvin42

I'm considering doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I think It’s €4 per black bag at North Strand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We recently (bag area) got some targetted fliers from Greyhound, offering three little bins (they call them caddies) for a whopping 18.99 a month. Bizarre when the three full size bins are 16.50 a month, less on offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Advertisement