Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Pre-Order iPhone 14 Pro today ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

I set up a Focus which as a fully black lock screen.

I then set up a shortcut to activate this Focus when a Charger is connected. You could add in specific time instead/also too.

You then get an AOD similar to that of Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭DBK1

Mine seems to be overheating when scrolling the internet for any more than a few minutes too. Do ye think a software update when ever there’s another released would solve that or is it something I should be contacting Apple about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

My 14 Pro arrived a couple of hours ago. So it seems that once they dispatch, they really do arrive quickly, like within 12 hours...

Haven't set it up yet as I kicked off an iCloud backup on my old phone which I thought would take minutes but its taking forever! WTF. Surely it should only need to backup the diff from the last backup? (which was only yesterday afaik).

EDIT, nvm, I cancelled it and doing it via the "transfer to new iPhone" approach instead which seems to be working...

Post edited by JoeA3 on

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

I'm considering doing a uturn and not buying this device at all. The camera on the 13 Pro is arguably better and likewise the battery. Take away the dynamic island and the always on display and this isn't an upgrade at all. The new chipset is even such a minor upgrade that they couldn't compare it to the previous generation so they had to go back and compare it to the chipset from 3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2 player87

Actually I think that camera get huge update with 48Mpx, Ive just compared results from 12 pro, and 14 pro with proRaw photos and photos coming out of 14 have much…much more details. I can addmit that Aod and dI aren't real upgrade, but camera is for sure.

still waiting for my personal 14 pro max, with delivery expected between 27 - 04. My “processing” status hasn’t moved since pre-order date… while everyone else receiving their phones early..🤷🏻‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Not delivery related but for those having camera issues - update released

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Anyone know of devices from Three are network unlocked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Ofc you will capture more detail with a 48mp shot but for the vast majority of users / photos it won't be used. Other than that ive seen comparisons to the 13 Pro and preferred the images the 13 Pro produced although obviously the difference is neglible. It's def not as big of an upgrade as they tried to portray using numbers.

Battery is also arguably a downgrade or at best on par with the previous model. Definitely not an upgrade.

I'll wait and see what the 15pro has to offer but no doubt it will be an iPhone 14 pro but with 8k video recording and finally USB C. That will be 1,500 euro please lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Confirmed locked to 3 when I bought as PAYG. Anyone know the best service to unlock an iPhone? I also need to unlock my 13 Pro Max from Vodafone as I plan to sell it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 player87

If someone is looking for a regular iphone 14 pro… its available to collect today at apple store in Belfast. I was able to reserve 14 pro max 256gb in deep purple, on top of it its 120e cheaper than in Irish store 🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Vodafone will unlock it for you for free if you're on PAYG and spent over €120 on credit the last 12 months. Can get away with it also if you've a family member or friend who has done the above too. Alternatively if you're on Bill they should be able to provide you with a code too, although I'm not sure the exact procedure on the BP terms so can't say this with accuracy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ordered a 14 Pro from Voda last week and it arrives tomorrow. Vodafone's trade in affiliation certainly absorbs some of the extortionate pricing from Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

What's the situation with USA iPhone 14? Useable over here or are they all e-sim?

Stay Free

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

They're all eSim. The US is no longer the tech mecha anymore anyway. UK prices are far cheaper for Irish travellers since the introduction of the tourism vat free shopping

Cool. Was wondering, as I am travelling to the US next month anyway. I was gonna take a trip up north today, but wasn't sure on stock levels.

Stay Free

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That's at least 18 months away before we can avail of vat free items from over there

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also NI won't be included in the scheme. You will have to actually fly over to GB and take it home in your luggage to qualify. By the time you factor in flights etc, as well as whatever value you have on your own time, I am not sure it'd be a worthwhile trip just for a phone.

It's an hour up the road to NI....no need to fly anywhere. If you drive an EV, lot cheaper than petrol or diesel too. Might do the Titanic or GoT tour next week 😊

Stay Free

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I meant the VAT-free UK scheme doesn't include NI. It's a GB-only scheme.

• Advertisement

• Posting here from new iPhone 14 Pro ordered from Vodafone , just took a few days, though a bit confusing as to what day I needed to be staying in for the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

The wait for my 14 pro max to be delivered from SELECT is killing me and I can’t find it in stock anywhere else

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How many people travel over and back to the UK on a regular basis anyway whether on business or to a football match, so I wouldn’t see that as to much of an issue. I’d love if it was available now as I’m off to London for the weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It's similar to people who travel 20-30 minutes to save 2-3c per litre on petrol, it's great if you're passing through but the actual "saving" is an actual cost, but every year there's threads on boards doing the comparison of "OMGZ Ireland are getting ripped off, for the price of the phone in <INSERT COUNTRY HERE> I can get return flights to said country and save" rarely do they ever factor in hotel, food, taxi/train and most importantly time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Anyone with delivery updates for next week 3/10-10/10 get any movement on their orders?

Noticed a few people last week had some movement around Tues/Wed for orders in the 26/9-03/10 window.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Yeah, hoped after seeing that early delivery news last week that something might happen this week, but nothing so far. I'm 3-10 Oct. Guess that's when it's likely to arrive at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Yes they are unlocked. December last year the rules changed and company's can't sell phones locked anymore

Also - I have an Iphone 13 Pro on bill pay from Three and tried a VF sim last week and no issues.

For the poster above who had a phone locked to Three, either it was sold before December 2021 or Three are breaking the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

UK and Ireland. I don't know about rest. Whether providers follow the rules is another thing. Three told me (at least a customer service agent) their phones are no longer locked. What I find odd, is there is no mention of this on ComReg site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

I’m fairly sure it is UK only. Ofcom is the UK regulator. Comreg specifically mention mobile unlock codes and to check your contract.

Of course some companies might just adopt the UK position for here.

Advertisement