Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Pre-Order iPhone 14 Pro today ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

iConnect have the 14 Pro Max in 128 and 256 available on their website at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Yeah, I think you are right. Of course when I saw it on that site Irish News I assumed it was referring to Ireland and when Three Rep said all phones are unlocked then that confirmed it for me as my Iphone was unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah mine was originally scheduled for delivery this week (26/9 - 3/10) but it dispatched last Wednesday and I received it on the Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

My god they never answer their phones do they 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Picked up a PM 256 space black in Harvey Norman Carrickmines they’ve still some in stock now.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement

After an hour of trying iConnect’s phone I give up. They simply do not answer and their click and collect option isn’t on their website anymore it seems.

If anyone is passing by their Dublin stores, I’d really appreciate if you could ask if they have stock of the 14 Pro Max in 256GB (Black preferred or White / Purple) and send me DM if they have stock before I make a journey in. 🙏🙏🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Cash taken for phone and apple care this morning by the looks of it for 03 oct date.

Definitely had stock when i was collecting I only ordered it last night and when I checked before I left the house was showing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Mine still processing. Obviously needs a whole lot of processing... 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

The pro max seems impossible to find in stock in any configuration unfortunately

Had a look in Henry st they only had a 128 Gold PM left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

How long to iConnect take to deliver? Was trying to order a click and collect but seem to have ordered the last available pro 512 online.

Stay Free

It hasn’t moved from preparing to ship anyway so it’s looking like next week at some stage. Normally I’ve gotten the items a working day earlier than the quoted dates but can’t see it happening this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

If anyone spots 14 pro max available online to order for home delivery please post here

The Arnotts website has the Pro Max in black and Pro in silver now

Yeah I'm the same now. Moved to Preparing to Ship yesterday and I was briefly excited, but 24 hours later it's still preparing to ship (whatever that actually means). So, I think you're right and this will one of those times that Apple's original shipping estimate turns out to be accurate (alas). 3-10 October - hopefully more towards the 3rd than the 10th, but I wouldn't like to bet on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I picked up black 14 pro 128 in liffey valley i-connect today. They got stock this morning. Online said 4-6 weeks, so cancelled that.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

Well I went into Clonmel three store Saturday enquiring about upgrading my I phone 8 to I phone 14 pro 256 am on the 45 euro a month . I walked out 909 euro worse off . Absolute madness am saying to myself paying that even though it’s a big upgrade . I had to go to one of those cheap phone accessories shop next to it to get temporary cheap 10 euro fold over artificial leather cover ( otter box defender series with n the post ) of course I dropped it on kitchen floor last night push to ground in said case but it’s grand . There’s that couple of seconds of madness in head just before you pick it up . I better be careful with it out and about I know they test these phones on concrete from 6 feet but you don’t want to encourage that carry on . Only ever use defender series I like the extra thickness of phone in hand and complete protection . Phones purple I think since it gets buried in otter box the colour is of no interest to me . One thing am just realising the extra weight of these phones more likely to topple over when holding or falling out of things so don’t skimp on cover case .

Post edited by decies on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

To anyone looking at cases check out discarve https://discarve.com/

Beautiful cases imo. Not sure they are optimal in terms of protection but for me i don't need an ultra bulky protective case as iam careful enough with my device.

I have no connection to the above site btw. I have ordered cases in the past from carved but the shipping from the US was a rip off and recently found discarve. Exact same product pretty much but a tad cheaper and no rip off shipping fees.

If you want something different / unique without breaking the bank than these custom cases are beautiful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Speaking about cases as I said previously I tried out that MagBak case I purchased from States. Found it to be excellent. Its magsafe compatible and comes with 2 magnets to attach to the car which surprisingly keeps it sturdy ....so its a win win with charging magsafe and holding in car

Firstiest of first world problems continue after three weeks processing, four days preparing to ship and one day shipped (including last night the Settings app telling me to prepare for my new phone coming today, which is a new one on me) the UPS page changed from delivery on 4 October to Delay - delivery date will be provided as soon as possible. Sounds like a shipment went astray or missed its window. Or maybe mine just fell off the conveyor belt. Anyone else had this experience? I wonder what the new date will be...

Mine arrived quickly. DHL had it on the 4th but it arrived yesterday morning.

My problem is my watch won’t connect, app keeps crashing. 2 hours onto apple chat/calls yesterday and they don’t seem to be able to sort it. Can connect with to the old 12 Pro Max just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

The Irish News is aimed largely at nationalist communities in Northern Ireland, so this sort of stuff would be UK-based.

I'm still on an iPhone 8 Plus myself but might hold off for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Their site is truly awful. I’ve seen sites back in 2000 that were miles better than the Vodafone site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

My purple iphone 14 pro max 256GB is locked to 3, I bought on prepay. If anyone on 3 wants it let me know as otherwise I’ll be returning it to 3. I paid €1489 and will sell for the same if someone wants it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

I wouldn’t be a bit blasé about having top protection of a secure case for your I phone 14 pro or a 14 pro max . Having come from I phone 8 the weight of the phone compared with older models is very noticeable . Have already had 3 minor spills of phone from about 2/3 feet trying to adjust holding phone in one hand , the extra wight makes it far more likely that little spills will occur .

Gave up on iConnect. Refused to answer any phone calls, no response after a few days of emailing them.

Awful awful customer service, can see why people prefer Select (CompuB) now.

• Advertisement

Managed to pick up a 14 PM in Brown Thomas today and cancelled the preorder on the spot

They received 2 Pro Maxes and 2 Pros this morning if anyone is still looking

Advertisement