Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog has started licking floor surfaces

• 10-09-2022 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Over recent days, I've noticed my dog has begun licking surfaces where there is no traces of food. Initially it was a large mat we have in our living room but it has now extended to the wooden floor.

We have him over 2.5 years and have never noticed this behaviour before. We think he is c. 8 or 9 years old (he's a rescue dog).

When I search this behaviour online it goes from possibly being ocd behaviour to dementia.

Has anyone else experienced similar with their dog and found the reason for it?

His behaviour is otherwise unchanged and there have been no changes to our house recently either.

I'm expecting twins in a few weeks so would like try get to the bottom of this beforehand, biggest concern is dementia and possible behavioural changes that may come with that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just a thought but what do you clean your floors with? It may be something in the cleaning fluid etc? Seen this before and it was! He liked the taste..

Advertisement