Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marvel’s Werewolf by Night - Disney + (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I wasn't sure if this was MCU at first but the wiki says it is:

It will be part of Phase Four of the MCU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It’s MCU alright and great to see an Irish actor have a prominent role.

Always been as big fan of Laura Donnelly

Hopefully it leads to the Midnight Sons down the road a bit

She did get across some proper dread in that final trailer scene in the cage!

Reviews from early screening are starting to appear lots say it is great and really violent and a good tribute to classic monster movies.

Well, it's certainly implied in the trailer.

• Advertisement

What a brilliant 50 minutes of TV, find a dark room turn off all the lights and and enjoy a monster romp full of gore that totally nails the feel and look of the classic B&W Monster movies.

More Laura Donnelly & Gael García Bernal in the MCU is needed please.

Oh and more Ted as well.

Sadly no stinger hinting if there will be more to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Absolutely loved every minute of that.

It looks absolutely sumptuous, insanely ambitious with a great cast including Ted. It was the perfect runtime, lean and terrifically well scripted, bloody fantastic.

Best watched on a giant TV with the lights out and some popcorn :)

I would love to see it on a cinema screen!

More of these characters and stories would be brilliant.

Michael Giacchino needs to direct more things.

Is this the best Marvel TV/film ever? Definitely deserves to be in the discussion.

Post edited by gmisk on

That was great! 🙂

It was all just put together so well. The look and feel. The nods to many memories. I can't imagine they'd get away with it a second time but I'd like to be surprised if they did. Giacchino making a grand film/special directorial debut for himself. Music and Sound all on point 🙂

Looking forward

to seeing more Elsa Bloodstone!

and Ted.. gotta have more Ted! 😁

I guess one note for parents might be that there is goryness and blood letting. Seemed to be using the black and white to minimise it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,509 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Got to be honest, when I watched the trailer earlier in the week, it didn't look promising to me. However, after watching it tonight I really enjoyed it. It did not feel like I was watching a MCU movie, which is a good thing given how poor their more recent offerings have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

That was brilliant the best thing Marvel have done on Disney+ for sure and maybe the best thing in the MCU since Winter Soldier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That was fun. I like Gael Garcia Bernal and liked his relationship with Ted. I know nothing about the source material and that's fine. It was a great fun romp. Perfect for Halloween

Felt like a kid watching that. Transported back to watching classic horror movies with my Grandad

Leads have great chemistry and I bloody loved the werewolf look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Had saved this until Halloween Eve and thought it was great. Not sure that I'd be interested in seeing more in a similar format, or whether they could pull it off, but it shows the additional scope they've been giving their directors in Phase 4.

Interested in seeing how it links into the wider MCU. Is it kicking off the Blade side of the MCU or potentially tying into Moon Knight. The guards also looked very much like the TVA so is there a multiverse element to it and what would that mean?

This actually is in my opinion the best thing Marvel have done on Disney+

Disney releasing it in colour for Halloween.

Drops October 20th,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Advertisement