Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairdeal scheme and farmers

Options
  • 11-09-2022 2:16am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hi, please someone help us..

My friends mother passed away suddenly a year and a half ago and it was a huge shock to entire family. Devastating for all.

Their father was going down hill health wise and was sent to a nursing home after her death, and after hospital treatment because there was no one fit to mind him due to his condition. He was sent into a nursing home, but all this was done during a time of huge upheaval and devastation.

Basically, my friends father signed over the farm 1.5 years ago. Right now, the father is paying 1000euro PER WEEK, to nursing home.

If applying for fair deal. Is there any protection for the farm and land? My friend has been working the farm alone the past ten years as the fathers mental health was very bad.

120,000 already paid to nursing home from fathers savings and bills coming in rapid each week. But will farm and land that was in the family for over 60years go to the HSE too? Im very worried about my friend. They are so scared.

Thank you anyone who can help or know someone who can help us. Thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to do with boards.ie. Try asking in a forum that's related to the topic instead, such as the Carers and Caring forum:

Advertisement