Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training course

• 11-09-2022 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

Just a question about Deer licence, have been away for last 3 year, after 20 years shooting deer and countless sections they tell me I have to do Training course. Still have shotguns and rifles. 40 years with gun licenses. Is this the case ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭kunekunesika

Technically correct, sorry. Don't think your situation was considered.

I did the course in one day in Sligo, with country sports Ireland. I didn't need it, but my buddy did, so we both went and had great weekend of it.

Possibly quicker,and less head wrecking to do the course than argue with npws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭kunekunesika

Or argue that the 3 years interruption was covid related........and how you go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭kieran1141

I will just do the course as you say. There is one in Tullamore an hour from me, they were nice enough to me and said it applies to everyone that had let ot slip. Do I have to take my own gun on the day ? . Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 gapjnr

I did the course with the lads... brilliant weekend at it. Well worth doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If you can prove any of your previous let permissions and held NPWS licenses and have any of the previous time pre you taking a break,iE in the last 7 years you are good to go. 20 years of stalking experience...YOU can teach this course!🤣 A phone call and your name, home addy and let addys should see you good.

Covid a spanner in the works with everything over the last 2 years with licenses and if AGS can make allowances for reduced range attendance on re-applications, NPWS can do the same.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭kieran1141

They told me they were sorry but have to start from scratch agin and do the training. 😤😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Your choice ,but I'd take this further and tell them to PFO and show exactly where in the legislation they have the power to decide a 20 year old experienced hunter should be treated as a raw newbie on this... NPWS are getting a bit too frisky with their makey up legislation IMO over the last few years.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement