Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot/Cold water in apartment

Options
  • 11-09-2022 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I live in apartment in Mullingar, 2nd floor. I have a question about my water storage. From what I understand I have vented cold/hot water cylinder with booster pump (most likely positive head) 1.5 bar it's ST55.

Apartment only have 1 shower (T shower with overhead shower and hand held, pardon my English it's not my first language), 1 bath sink, 1 washing machine and hot water in kitchen 1 toilet (these are connected to water storage and pumped by booster pump). Cold water in kitchen is by mains and water entering water storage is by mains as well.

Mains pressure is extremely great, it as good as pumped water from what I see.

Now I have issue where valve between cold and hot water is spinning endlessly and seemingly stuck in half closed position so my hot water tank is extremely slow to fill.

I also have issue with not enough pressure with overhead shower and when washing machine is taking water pump doesn't detect drop in pressure so I have to kick start it by opening any pumped faucet in house.

Would all of this be solved by putting in new booster pump 2.0 bar negative head? Or is there something better?

I would be most happy by putting in unvented hot water cylinder and using mains pressure but as I understand I wouldn't have cold water storage anymore and that's not compliant?

Also I tried looking everywhere and it can't find hot/cold combo cylinders for the life of me.

Any advices?

I uploaded photos of cylinder, it's big chunky unit, about 2 meters height at least. Since I am in apartment there is no attic to put any other cold water storage and this small room is the one where it's all at.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement