Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Shield

Options
  • 11-09-2022 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a simple* way to roll back android firmware update on the Shield?

Its on 11.0 I think and this has removed the option to allow downloads from Unknown Sources.

*Simple for the technologically impaired.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

out of interest did you find a solution and that was a cheap trick. i was browsing and thinking of getting one but I think its ott for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I was looking for the same thing last year. But didn't find a way. I was hoping to downgrade mine as the older firmware seemed to work better with external drives.

I've the older flat one. While my TV with Android has about 80% of the same functionality. The shield is more powerful and it's faster. For example while watching rings of power the tv constantly pauses but the Shield is flawless. Was the same with Apple TV stuff.

I think only the brand new Fire devices and Apple TV 4k are similar in performance. But they don't have the ports or the open OS (Android).

The voice search on Android TV isn't as good as Amazon's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

I did a google and found a link on how to downgrade.

Advertisement