Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance form fillout-question regarding NCB

• 11-09-2022 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm picking up driving again after driving for 2 years with insurance in my own name between 2015 - 2017. I understand that I can't claim NCB for those 2 years but when I'm filling out the forms to get quotes, I'm asked repeatedly "Your latest driving experience" and if I answer 'Insured in my own name', it prompts me to enter NCB years which confuses me. What's more confusing is that lot of companies phrase the second question as "How many consecutive years have you held a policy in your own name without a claim or accident?" which would be 2 given I never claimed between 2015 and 2017 but those 2 years don't count?

Does anyone know if I should be answering the first question with 'no previous driving experience' answer? or am I right in answering the first question with 'Insured in my own name' but then I should choose 0 years NCB in the second question?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Miscreant

If you have not driven or held insurance in your own name since 2017 then the answer to the question is 0. NCBs are only valid for 2 years from issue and you are well past that.

I would be inclined to call a few companies instead and explain your NCB to them. Might not get you anywhere but I find the online forms to be quite a blunt instrument and getting someone on the phone can clarify things for you.

Advertisement