Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Extreme Rules 2022 *Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ffs that mascot could be Bray?

Seth RVD Rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The I Quit match should have main evented

RVD as Rabbit

Yess that was great

Simple things for us fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Definitely made me want more anyway! Will be interesting to see where they go with him now.

Wonder if Riddle was injured with hat insane dive. I thought he slipped initially until the impact!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Absolutely loved that Wyatt return.

I'm wondering if the mascots are going to be actual wrestlers now. He's been promoting the idea of a "Wyatt 6" on Twitter, and we basically saw 6 characters during that return. Pass the Fiend off to someone new, have the pig, rabbit, buzzard and Abby as his stable, and Bray basically looked a bit more "normal". Possibly reverting back to his original Wyatt incarnation.

Loved it though, and an insane crowd reaction too.

Beth look seriously fine and about half her actual age and by the looks of it can still hold her own in the ring. In contrast her husband looks like a broken down man who has not aged well and is well past his prime and probably should have stayed retired.

The nonsense is just that nonsense all the smoke and mirrors just can't hide the fact he cannot wrestle when it comes in ring matches.

Sheamus is the man and only just behind Regins as the best in the WWE over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I don't think he needs a faction but if they were it's a perfect foil to bring up the schism

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Imperium/Brawling Brutes was a top notch brawl, really enjoyed it. In contrast Liv and Rousey was so flat, they were tapping each other with weapons and I think they got the placement of that match wrong after such a hard hitting opener. Finish was weird too.

Strap Match was better than expected, Scarlett's involvement keeps Drew safe but I dunno it doesn't do much for either guy really in the long term.

Bayley and Bianca put on a decent show in the ladder match, looked like Bayley took a nasty shot with that piece of ladder at the end but maybe it was just that well done.

I Quit match should have main evented. We knew Judgement Day were gonna get involved, hopefully we get Rhea VS Beth somewhere down the line as that match would slap.

The Fight Pit wasn't great tbh. I liked Seth's RVD homage but I dunno I expected more from it I think. Hopefully they both move on from each other now to something else.

Wyatt's return was excellently shot and I do wonder what they have planned for him. Liv and Seth's profiles have gone completely black after the show but I really hope it's not another faction of any description. WWE have gone from the Bloodline and Judgement Day being the only factions to having too many imo, Damage Control, Brawling Brutes, Imperium, Legado Del Fantasma, Hit Row now added to the mix and most of them on Smackdown too.

Plus, Seth doesn't need the faction and I don't think Liv fits any better than Alexa fitted with the Fiend.

Overall a decent show mind you, six man tag and I Quit match being the standout matches for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Overall a very good show that managed to feel varied enough even with all the extreme stips.

Absolute belter or an opener. Sheamus has become such a face and I'd be happy with this programme running and running until he gets the IC title but they have not dropped the ball in their matches one bit and what a way to start the PPV.

Strap match was decent, better than expected but the ending was a bit of a dud. Bianca and Bayley was a good match even if a bit sloppy. I do think having the rest of Damage Ctrl come out was a bad idea if Bayley was losing anyway, just made them look bad, Bianca is almost overpowered now and would have liked a Bayley reign. Guessing Charlotte's music is hitting tomorrow.

The Ronda match wasn't bad and had some nice spots, I think Liv had a better than expected run as champ but it was time for Ronda to win again, just hope she gets a worthwhile opponent and that they find something for Liv to do. Fight pit was one I liked on the whole but it wasn't main event worthy, DC wasn't bad in his role (although he counted a bit fast) and I was expecting him to hit a move or something. The ending felt very abrupt, guessing the rubber match is in Saudi.

The real surprise show stealer was the I Quit match. This feud has gone a bit long and Judgement Day seemed dead in the water for a bit, they've been absolutely saved these last few weeks and they really solidified themselves as great heels here with the Beth attack. Was it overbooked and predictable? Possibly, but everything in it was set-up and had a place in the match. Special mention to Michael Cole (also really crushing it lately) as his hatred for Dominic was amazing throughout.

White Rabbit reveal was awesomely done, major pop and just cool af. Interested to see where it goes, is there any chance it will live up to what they've created here? Probably not, I would be fine if it was a Faction with Bray as the leader, mainly as creatively I find him interesting but as a wrestler, not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I enjoyed that. There were one or two flat spots, the strap match and Liv v Ronda were just OK. But a good night for Sheamus who was massively over and had another great match, and for Balor with the Judgment Day looking like a proper vicious heel faction. Rhea v Beth should be good if they do that.

The Bray reveal looked class and the crowd were loving it. Interested to see where it goes, hopefully not just a rehash of what they've done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keep Wyatt's shìte to the midcard.

No world champion, and especially not Roman, needs to be getting spooked by a guy in a pig outfit

Banger from Sheamus, feud them with Bloodline, give him a world title reign

Is Rhea cleared to wrestle again, I want her speared, she is great as heel JD leader though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The reality is, while I get why his stihck isn't for everyone, he's by far one of the most over guys on the entire roster. Roman vs Bray is, realistically, the biggest heel vs face feud they have right now.

I don't know I think while Bray got a good reaction, Sheamus or Sami against Roman could work too, both well over

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I skipped through quickly so may have missed others, but were Nikkita and Bronn the only NXT ones there?

It's crazy how well they've gotten Dexter over and I know Miz has really helped in that happening.

I agree about Bianca being too overpowered. Would've made more sense for Alexa and Asuka to come out to handle Iyo and Dakota.

Liv is turning into crazy Alexa more and more. When Ronda was hitting her with the bat I was just thinking I appreciate her choice of target but don't think it would do too much damage. 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 31,717 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Advertisement