Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Combo box for Satellite, Saorview and with an ability to record series

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

What does it cost to install a dish and aerial, would you install it yourself, aerial, dish and cabling 100e approx, what do contractors charge. The current fleet of satellite dishes are near end of life, 3-5 years, the PSB's would probably be obliged to find alternative satellite coverage to continue satellite broadcasting for a few years after that, due to the absence of national terrestrial coverage and the quality of broadband coverage. What would a subscription service cost for the 5, 7, or maybe even 10 years, even allowing for the difference in the fta v subscription services.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AindrisBro

just a quick update got it sorted finally today. While balancing on the ladder and holding the roof I swapped the leads around and all is good have 95% of the channels coded in and all seems to be working well. Thanks again for all the help lads and I’m sure I’ll be wreaking your brains with questions on the other forum for Zgemma haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I think its worth having a sat and aerial as long as you check first for anything in the line of sight , trees or buildings in the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Rick_

Sorry to jump into the thread, but just looking to check if this H7S is still considered the best box for those looking to receive Saorview, Freeview HD, FTA 28.2E and 19.2E (through DiSEqC) in the one fully customisable EPG - i.e. custom channel numbers/order, custom channel names etc.

I am after a box that will allow me to stream the channels/EPG to other TV's in the house over the network without having to change any of the physical dish setup. The extra TV's won't be used a lot but when they are, the small number of channels available is pitiful so if I was able to receive everything from the main TV but elsewhere in the house that would be a godsend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I have mine setup just like that with 13, 19, 28 and terrestrial. all available to anything with a browser on my home network. Listings can be ANY combinations in any order you like. You can also control, set timers, search epgs etc over network.
    H7S is still best bang for buck IMO. You can get better built boxes at twice the price for minimal extra features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Shoog

What you are asking for is SAT-IP. Few German manufacturers but it never caught on over here. This can all get fairly complex to setup but it's good and versatile when you do.

Sat-IP seems very expensive for all I'm looking. If the H7S offers me the ability the very odd time to go to the web browser on a different TV and log in so I can watch something in another room without needing cables and extra equipment installed then that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Needless to say you can also access anything recorded on the box in a similar manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭dam099

Using a web browser is probably not that user friendly, while I appreciate usage might be infrequent if your smart tv App Store has any IPTV apps you can download you should be able to configure it to access streams on your H7S. I do this with LG TVs and a Gigablue receiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭swoofer

Can you say the app you are using on the lgtv and will it work with an app on say a firestick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭dam099

I am using Smart IPTV (also available for a few other platforms).

https://siptv.app/news/

It costs 5.49 to activate but I think you can get a free trial to test it out.

They have a website where you upload your M3U8 file and it seems to send it to the TV.

You activate and upload based on a MAC/ID but for LG at least that's not the MAC ID my router sees, it is visible in the app when you install on your TV though.

I just download an M3U8 file for my Favourites bouquet by going to Webif - Bouquets and clicking the TV icon to the left of the Bouquet name.

The downloaded M3U8 I get straight from the receiver also pulls in EPG for 60-70% of channels, you can edit the playlist further to correct epg channel ids and get more channels to pull in.

They also seem to have an APK for sideloading to Fire TV.

Post edited by dam099 on

I have the full version of that app anyway from an old IPTV sub. The TV I would be using it on is a Samsung, don't think they have that app on their store though. Perhaps they have an alternative.

Advertisement