Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSA and TEFL

• 12-09-2022 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,

Am unemployed and looking at options to get me working again. Is there any possibility to get assistance from Intreo to get certified with TEFL to teach English ? I know there are courses offered at low cost or free to unemployed but not sure if there are any TEFL ? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

I have never seen TEFL courses offered through the gov programs. You need to find a course provider privately and pay for them. They probably don't do it here because people tend to emigrate for that job, which I suppose still gets you off the dole, but the gov don't get to recoup the cost of you paying taxes here. Though the main reason probably is they don't have the teachers to teach it as they're mostly abroad or making better money doing the job.

Advertisement