Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Bets (win...e/w....place

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

8.05 Captain Vallo 2pts e/w 15/2 powers 4 places

Captain Vallo has not done much lately, he is a consistent enough horse with a record of 7 places from 18 races on the turf and 3/5 on the all weather with his Newcastle form reading 8212 all at 6f tonight's distance, seems to have a perfect draw in 12

Sire MEHMAS has had 28 runners at Newcastle over 6f winning 5 and placing in 9.

Trainer P.Makin is 134/10/34......10 winners and 34 places last five years

Jockey Harry Burns is 13/3/5...3 winners and 5 places last 12 months

Some decent stats and 15/2 fair enough price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Captain Vallo is very popular today. HT ATR tipped him this morning too.

Bet put on 21 years ago 🤣

IJF benefits as Ian Balding’s bet on William Buick comes to fruition

11 October 2022//by Geegeez News

The Injured Jockeys Fund is to receive £5,000 owing to a 21-year-old bet placed by former trainer Ian Balding on William Buick to be crowned champion jockey.

Balding, trainer of numerous equine stars such as Mill Reef and Lochsong, placed a verbal bet of £50 in 2001 with then Tote chairman Peter Jones that Buick would one day be champion at odds of 100-1.

The Oslo-born jockey, who began riding out at Kingsclere in the school holidays aged 14, rode his first winner for Balding’s son Andrew in 2006 and was joint-champion apprentice, along with David Probert, two years later.

Having lost out by just two winners to Oisin Murphy last season, Buick will officially be crowned champion jockey for the first time on Qipco Champions Day at Ascot on Saturday – and Ian Balding is delighted the Tote has honoured his bet, with the winnings going to the IJF.

He said: “I am absolutely thrilled he has fulfilled the potential I always knew he had, and I have finally had a successful bet!

“My late brother Toby (Grand National-winning trainer) would be proud.”

Nottingham 5.15 High Opinion 2pts e/w 14/1 Skybet 4 places

Nottingham 5.15 High Opinion 2pts e/w 14/1 Skybet 4 places

High Opinion's last race at Catterick where he finished 4th reads well for tomorrows race. With Captain Corcoran drawn 10 he should take them along the nearside rails and give some pace for HIGH OPINION (drawn 9) to chase.

That race at Catterick nearly five weeks ago, the 2nd 3rd and 5th have won since.

Last five years the trainer is 28 runners...5 winners and 12 placers

Jockey/trainer combo last 5 years at Nottingham 3 runners 1 placer

Last nine years sire HELLVEYLN has had 38 runners in 5f sprints resulting in 4 wins and 13 placers

on soft going only over 5f (tomorrows conditions) that reads 8 races 2 wins and 5 places

• Advertisement

8.05 Captain Vallo 2pts e/w 15/2 powers 4 places unpl 4 pt loss

Nottingham 5.15 High Opinion 2pts e/w 14/1 Skybet 4 places 2nd 22/1 nutted by the 66/1 rag 😥 😥 😥 3.6pts profit

Bank +32.2pts

Brighton 2.05 Otago 2pts e/w 12/1 skybet 4 places

3.15 Regulator 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

Very close to hitting the jackpot today with 22/1 shot High Opinion, good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

ew singles & a double done on/with them both @ 10s & 16s BF - just the three places tho for both races

another great pick today del for us what follow ya on here - but the 66/1 shot had to go and spoil us party 😂😪

have a feeling this thread be #~100Pts up in about ~4 1/2 months (if it's still going, of course!) 😊

#conservativeguess! 🤣

great thread del 😁

I don't mind looking at a race again after we have had a bet in it but in general I don't discuss how the horses ran when they lose or run terrible as punters seem to look at there losers thru rose tinted glasses however sometimes you need to look at the way the horse ran.

Take CAPTAIN VALLO Tuesday evening, his race comments for Newcastle Prior to Tuesday were

Tracked leader, pushed along 2f out, ridden when close up 1f out, kept on and led inside final 110yds, no extra towards finish, headed final stride (op 3/1) 2nd first five horses home were rated 89..73..86..88..73

Midfield, headway from over 2f out, ridden to lead 1f out, kept on (op 3/1) 1st first five rated 73..66..68..73..73

Towards rear of midfield, pushed along 2f out, headway and close up 1f out, ridden and went second inside final furlong, kept on (op 15/2) 2nd first five rated 76..72..76..69..70

Comments for Tuesday race below

Took keen hold, prominent against near rail, ridden and went second over 1f out, lost position inside final furlong, soon beaten (op 7/2 tchd 10/3) 8th first five rated 62..72..64..55..64

Now we all know some horses fall out of love with racing and regress but I think Captains run on Tuesday was more to do with "not our turn tonight" rather than the horse not holding his form but we shall see over his next few runs at Newcastle

• Advertisement

Brighton 2.05 Otago 2pts e/w 12/1 skybet 4 places

3.15 Regulator 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tattcorner

A profit there with Otago and a Nr...well done with the thread profit so far 🙂

I've stuck a fiver e/w on Fahey's Perfect Power in 2.00 Ascot Saturday...he seems sweet on him in his column....10.88/1 with Hills 5 places

PERFECT POWER goes for the QIPCO British Champions Sprint at Ascot on Saturday and it's a big day for him.

We've been very happy with him since Deauville, we gave him a little bit of a break after that. He'd been on the go a while having started out in the Greenham, but he's come back in great order, he’s been working exceptionally well and we’re delighted with him.

He loves Ascot having won the Norfolk Stakes and Commonwealth Cup there from two goes. We decided with Sheikh Rashid that we should aim him at where he likes it so that’s why he’s been saved for the Champions Sprint. And, looking at conditions, a bit of decent ground with a little bit of cut in it should be perfect for him. He just got a bit sick of the fast ground in the summer, particularly at Newmarket.

Tom Marquand rides him for the first time and he hasn’t sat on him at home, but he'll be grand. He’s a straightforward ride and the horse is in very good shape, so he just has to go and do it now.

It's a race I’ve had some luck in, really, as Sands Of Mali won it, Growl ran a superb second at 50/1 and Don't Touch ran well in it, too. My horses seem to like the place so fingers crossed they keep on liking it. He’ll be at home at Ascot and we couldn’t be happier with him.

Brighton 2.05 Otago 2pts e/w 12/1 skybet 4 places 4th 2.8pts profit

3.15 Regulator 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 4 places non runner

Bank +35pts

Tonight Chelmsford 7.30 STATU OF LIBERTY 2pts e/w 10/1 skybet 4 places

Brighton 2.05 Otago 2pts e/w 12/1 skybet 4 places 4th 2.8pts profit

3.15 Regulator 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 4 places non runner

Bank +35pts

Tomorrow Haydock 4.00 DANDY MAESTRO 2pts e/w 18/1 skybet 5 places

Tonight Chelmsford 7.30 STATU OF LIBERTY 2pts e/w 10/1 skybet 4 places 3rd 14/1

Bank +37pts

Haydock 4.00 DANDY MAESTRO 2pts e/w 18/1 skybet 5 places (big drifter this morning)

Haydock 4.00 DANDY MAESTRO 2pts e/w 18/1 skybet 5 places (big drifter this morning) unpl

Redcar 5.20 WHITWELL 2pts e/w 9/1 skybet 5 places 4th 15/2 profit 1.6pts

loss of 2.4pts

Bank +34.6pts

Post edited by del roy on

A little snippet for you

MIDNIGHT GLANCE (A King)

2nd of 7, 2m6.5f Novice Handicap Chase, Uttoxeter, 7th Sept

This was the 7yo’s second chasing start, his first coming at Hexham at the beginning of May, which I personally thought was a strange piece of placement, given he was thrown straight into open chase handicap company against a bunch of hardened chase handicappers, over the demanding 3-mile Hexham undulations. To be fair to the horse he made good headway to find himself disputing the lead at two-out but when he hit the uber-stiff Hexham finish he though ‘nah, bugger this, not today!’ and ended up a well-beaten 32L 6th.

This run at Uttoxeter was his first run since that Hexham debut but he bumped into the Peter Bowen trained JUDGE EARL on this occasion and he was a horse in bouncing form at the time, rounding out his third win in the space of two weeks, and Midnight Glance’s 6L 2nd was more than respectable.

I actually first noted this lad after that Hexham effort as his breeding caught my eye, being by Passing Glance out of a Midnight legend mare, and that is a cross that has provided winners over fences, with the six that have gone chasing picking off 6 wins and 5 placed efforts between them, for overall stats of 6/24, 5p… improving plenty when you look at their chase starts on Good to Soft or softer, for stats of 6/17, 3p… which would tie in with MIDNIGHT GLANCE’S own form as he is 0/5 on Good ground, all 3 of his wins coming on Good to Soft or softer… this Uttoxeter effort was on Good ground so again no disgrace in coming a 6L 2nd against a red-hot rival AND on ground that he won’t have enjoyed.

Once the ground begins to soften up I’d fully expect this one to be opening his chase account and based on what we’ve seen from him to date I’d have his Prime Conditions as the following…

Good to Soft or softer | Handicaps with single figure fields = 12311 (3/5, 2p – all 3 career wins)

His trainer Alan King is expert at getting chase wins into his lightly raced chasers (0-5 previous chase starts) especially at one of the following tracks… Bangor – Exeter – Hereford – Plumpton – Warwick – Wincanton… with combined stats at those tracks with his lightly raced chasers of… 114/343 | 33% S/R | +£91.56 – W&P 174/343 | 51% S/R – 23% above exp… MIDNIGHT GLANCE is 2 from 2 at Plumpton over hurdles so it would be no surprise to see him score over fences there also.

taken from www.narrowingthefield.co.uk

Runs today in the Uttoxeter 2.59....5/1

Post edited by del roy on

Saturday Leopardstown 5.30 LAELAPS 2pts e/w 16/1 skybet 6 places

Laelaps has only tried the 1m4f trip once but he gave a very good try finishing a flying 4th up the hill at Galway. Race comments below

Dwelt start, held up in rear, pushed along 2f out, still plenty to do 1f out, kept on strongly inside final furlong, went fourth final strides, nearest finish (tchd 16/1)

Ok he is racing against classier types tomorrow but the way he stormed up that hill at Galway bodes well for tomorrow in my view. He has a dosage of 0.64 Has run well on left handed tracks, cheek pieces first time tomorrow plus now back down to

He has raced 20 times and has finished in the first four no less that 11 times, only one of the 20 races were at Leopardstown when he was a 2yr old on heavy going he finished 6th btn 5 and 3/4L. Although the trainer has two horses in the race I am not too keen on 3yr olds in this race so will leave her other horse alone.....watch it p!ss up on the bridle now

Wolverhamton 8.30 BIRD FOR LIFE 2pts e/w 20/1 skybet 4 place

• Advertisement

Saturday Leopardstown 5.30 LAELAPS 2pts e/w 16/1 skybet 6 places

Laelaps has only tried the 1m4f trip once but he gave a very good try finishing a flying 4th up the hill at Galway. Race comments below

Dwelt start, held up in rear, pushed along 2f out, still plenty to do 1f out, kept on strongly inside final furlong, went fourth final strides, nearest finish (tchd 16/1)

Ok he is racing against classier types tomorrow but the way he stormed up that hill at Galway bodes well for tomorrow in my view. He has a dosage of 0.64 Has run well on left handed tracks, cheek pieces first time tomorrow plus now back down to

He has raced 20 times and has finished in the first four no less that 11 times, only one of the 20 races were at Leopardstown when he was a 2yr old on heavy going he finished 6th btn 5 and 3/4L. Although the trainer has two horses in the race I am not too keen on 3yr olds in this race so will leave her other horse alone.....watch it p!ss up on the bridle now

Wolverhamton 8.30 BIRD FOR LIFE 2pts e/w 20/1 skybet 4 places

Flat Lifetime Form: 466895410/36321263206286/6245515213048/91152365845/733360133563909-72782293340

Wolverhampton Lifetime Form: 2365131566

Wolverhamtom Lifetime Form Over Class 6……. 2m 1/2f (Tomorrows Distance) 235115

2nd btn sh hd….OR 51….13 runners

3rd btn 4L….OR 59…..12 runners

5th btn 4L….OR 60…..10 runners

1st by 1.5L…OR 63…..12 runners

1st by 6L….OR 61…..11 runners

5th btn 6L…OR 60….12 runners

Bird for life runs off 49 tomorrow with the kid taking a further 3LB off, I think the stall one will also be a help as when he comes out he will not have to head for the rail as he usually does.

Trainer ran 216 horse at Wolverhampton over the last five years…16 winners and 53 placers

Jockey has ridden 111 races resulting in 7 winners and 21 placers

Over the last 9 years DELEGATOR off spring have run 10 times from 2m to 2m1f resulting in

3 wins and 6 placers

Now there is a caveat emptor and that is …………………..the horses style of running however 20/1 is just too big for this horse in this race tomorrow

🤣 🤣🤣 10/1 now Bird for life.

Lets hope its the stables money and not some poxy tipster 😄

Looks like I picked the wrong one today, Jessies other horse YASHIN backed from 12s into 9/2 😯

Ascot 4.40 Casanova 1pt e/w 33/1 skybet 6 places

On the off chance that the draw will favour the low draw on the far side I am going to chance CASANOVA ew. Back in 2019 on heavy going it did favour high drawn horse best. There is rain expected at the course this morning and early afternoon CASANOVA has always looked to me softer ground would suit him. The kid riding him takes 7LB off which puts him on 8st 10LB, he was badly hampered at Galway where he was 5/1fav and believe me stables that go to galway with horses that are favourite in them big handicaps always think they have a few LB in hand so at 33s and 6 places I will take a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Get on the bog merchants.

McSwiney widely available at 80's. Will love the slog.

Hughie Morrison loves his mudlarks, watch that space.

Favourite backers beware, it is end of season, horses are only animals and anyone backing odds on shots in October, based on firm ground form from mid June/July needs to give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

YEEEEEUPPPPPPP 😁 9/1 will do me

cheers Del 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tattcorner

Cheers Del, am in profit already...keep it up 😎

at last we bag a big priced winner BIRD FOR LIFE 20/1 2pts ew won 9/1

That's the type of bet we have +42pts profit today loss of six points previous two losers

anyway that brings our bank to a very useful +76.4 points

Favourite backers beware, it is end of season, horses are only animals and anyone backing odds on shots in October, based on firm ground form from mid June/July needs to give it up.

Badeed 1/4 unpl

• Advertisement

I thought LAELAPS ran a very good race considering the horse fell a sleep in the stalls and then the stupid jockey tried the inside route at Leopardstown as all the rest of the field flew down the outside.

anyway on to today

Naas 5.15 Dairerin 2pts e/w 16/1 skybet 5 places

ran 18 races on the turf winning 4 ...2nd twice and one 3rd

raced at Naas twice finishing 3rd and 4th, racingpost comments below

Towards rear of midfield, headway and went third over 1f out, ridden and ran on well towards finish (op 15/2) 3rd

Held up in rear towards far side, headway when pushed along towards far side from over 2f out, keeping on when bit short of room inside final furlong, went fourth inside final 110yds (op 18/1) 4th ....this was a fairly decent race with the 1st and 2nd being rated 99....90

over the last 12 months Jessie has send 25 runners to handicap winning only 1 and 6 placed

Jockey claiming 7LB, his last 4 rides read 1122

Bank +76.4pts

Advertisement