Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Bets (win...e/w....place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

Sedgefield 2.40 ALmost gold 11/2 2pts win unpl

Naas 5.15 Dairerin 2pts e/w 16/1 skybet 5 places 6th

Post edited by del roy on

Pontefract 3.45 makinitup 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 6 places

4.55 Rambuso creek 2pts e/w 17/2 skybet/powers 4 places

Bank +68.4pts

Pontefract 3.45 makinitup 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 6 places

MAKINITUP does need to be ridden covered up hoping he finds the gaps so luck in running will paly a part but I thought he was an unlucky loser last week when we backed him at Windsor, this uphill finish may help him.

4.55 Rambuso creek 2pts e/w 17/2 skybet/powers 4 places

RC last race at Sandown reads well for today race after clipping heels and stumbling RC got back into the race finishing 9/11 btn only 3 and 3/4L. there were a bunch of higher rated horse in front of him that day...92..90..87.. race comments below

Slowly into stride, clipped heels and stumbled soon after start, in rear, ridden over 1f out, headway inside final furlong, not clear run and no impression inside final 110yds (op 14/1) he was actually dropped 2LB for this run 😀 It was a messy race so with any luck in running should give us a run for our money

Bank +68.4pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barjon

Hi del,

Just popped in to say hello. Good to see you’re still bringing them home - good stuff, as always.

Cheers

(keep an eye on Doom at Donny on Friday - been burning up the gallops, but hasn’t fired yet in two races. Mind you, she got a rotten ride last time when there was plenty of money down.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

hasn't had a winner in a month, has Hughie, so guess he's due one soon 🤣

Just the 2 wins this afternoon, 11/1 and 16/1, i hope you were on!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

😁

ya indeed Count - was obliged to have a cupla yoyos each way on his five today 😊

Great rides by Marquand on both his winners at Windsor there ! - esp on the second one, Promoting 🤣

has five entered for Friday - if have any coin left, I'll back all his what goes to post 😃

marital arts expert

Pontefract 3.45 makinitup 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 6 places unpl never really got into the race very disappointing

4.55 Rambuso creek 2pts e/w 17/2 skybet/powers 4 places 2nd 11/1

Bank +65.8pts

Yarmouth 5.05 Island of Skye 2pts e/w 12/1 skybet. 5 place

Stone last of the 15 runners ffs

Bank 61.8pts

Saturday Cheltenham 2.05 What's Your Thinking Handicap Chase 

COEUR SEREIN 2PTS E/W 12/1 SKYBET/POWERS 3 PLACES

This is an antepost bet if this horse does not run we lose our money

Navan 5.40 STEPS IN THE SAND 2pts e/w 18/1 skybet 6 places finished 7th

I thought it ran really well just did not stay, at least we now know she loves that ground and will watch out for her next year.

The last time this horse raced on soft going, I actually think it was nearer heavy as the race time was 17.62s slower than average, SITS was 4th comments below

Bumped start, in rear, headway going okay over 2f out, keeping on when nudged along until short of room and hampered 2f out, soon lost position and switched left, ridden over 1f out, not clear run repeatedly final 110yds, ran on, not reach leaders (op 22/1)

The three horses ahead of her in that race were rated 74...60....71....STEPSINTHESAND was rated 67 in the race but runs off 61 with the kid taking a further 7LB off its back however it was only 1m2f but she has given the impression she might stay this distance in some of her last few races seemingly full of running behind a wall of horses.

Top three rated horses in todays race is 65..63..62

Actually 8 of the field are rated 50 or under

Anyway at 18/1 ...6 places I will play.

Bank +57.8pts

• Advertisement

7.45 Grace angel 2pts e/w 6/1 powers 3 places

Cheltenham

Friday 4.30 NICK LOST 2pts e/w 33/1 powers 5 places 6th

the one time I did not go with Skybet who were paying 6 places 😪

On barjon's Doom @ Donny 2.20 5/2

Del's Couer Serein @ 12/1 (made da decs 😊 9s now)

and i'll stick with the in-form Hughie Morrison; have done his three (all newcomers) tomorrow - all at Newbury:

12.50 Icy Dip 28/1 EW

1.25 Ascari 22/1 EW

2.00 Mr Mistofelees 14/1 EW

prices taken about ~2hrs ago - took 25s , 20s, but me gots double carpet on Mr Mistofelles 😁🙏

also on Del's Nick Lost ew 33s 5plcs

hope be lucky this wkend 😎

marital arts expert

2.00 Mr Mistofelees 14/1 EW

prices taken about ~2hrs ago - took 25s , 20s, but me gots double carpet on Mr Mistofelles

Mr Mistoffelees is a son of Siyouni for whom we have made Irish 2,000 Guineas and Epsom Derby entries. As with the two previous runners today, it would not be a shock for him to run well in a race we did win 12 months ago with Bushfire. He would be of similar ability at the same stage, so no forlorn hope under Hollie.

Trainers other horse in the race would be the one for me

4th in his only race over 7f this extra furlong should be well in his range with a dosage of 0.50 and same jockey riding again

7.45 Grace angel 2pts e/w 6/1 powers 3 places 2nd +0.4pts profit

Bank +58.2pts

Cheltenham

Friday 4.30 NICK LOST 2pts e/w 33/1 powers 5 places

Doncaster

5.10 SWIFT TURTLE 2pts e/w 22/1 skybet 5 places

Hoping this softer ground helps ST here, trainer says Swift Tuttle shaped well in the spring and after a gelding operation in the summer, badly needed the run at Windsor earlier this month. He will be straighter today and will love the ground and the trip is ideal. I give him a great each-way shout.

Being sired by FAST COMPANY he should enjoy this softer ground, he was only beaten 5 and 1/2L when he badly needed the race so any improvement should have in the frame here

Muhaarars seem to be acting on the soft / soft-heavy / heavy going

two ran 2day so far: Cicero's Gift {a newcomer}- 1st Nby (Soft) 1,25 ; Alba Longa 3rd Doncaster (Soft/Heavy) 1,45 - both 2yo races, and both over a mile = "interesting" 😎

one more going today in shape of MORNING SUN 5.10 Donny,, very short @ 5/2 ats

i'll be keeping an eye on them in t'coming days/weeks - five entered tomorrow, with one at Chelmsford; the rest on the (soft) turf trax,, regardless of horsies ages, I reckons they're worth a second look

Post edited by Sweet Talkin Romeo on

marital arts expert

no joy with Hughie's three; nd Doom was fierce unlucky at Donny - wasn't held up today, which was a change from filly's two previous runs

marital arts expert

😓

Swift Tuttle did nae want tae win 😥 weee Raab did his baysht, but tee nae avail 😴

Bad Donkey !

marital arts expert

Friday 4.30 NICK LOST 2pts e/w 33/1 powers 5 places 6th lost

5.10 SWIFT TURTLE 2pts e/w 22/1 skybet 5 places 4th rule 4.....40p profit...3.3pts profit on race

Loss of 0.7pts on the day

Bank +57.5pts

Saturday Cheltenham 2.05 What's Your Thinking Handicap Chase 

2.05 COEUR SEREIN 2PTS E/W 12/1 SKYBET/POWERS 3 PLACES

This is an antepost bet if this horse does not run we lose our money

Leopardstown 3.10 SUNSET SHARRAZ 2pts win hills 4/1

Doncaster 4.10 Tolstoy 2pts e/w 22/1 skybet 5 places

Chelmsford 7.30 ESTRELA STAR 2pts e/w 10/1 4 places Skybet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Young Fire in the first at leopardstown seems good ew although a big field, 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

2.05.potters legend 3 pts ew. 12 /1

3 places

Well a nightmare of a weekend and 20pts lost

Bank 37.5pts

3.30 micks dream 2pts e/w 11/2 ...skybet 4 places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

What's the reasoning behind it? I find Guess the most interesting runner in this race, now upped to 8f for the 1st time.

Bank 31.5pts

seems I can’t buy a winner at the moment so no bet from me for a few days.

on another note I see joe gizzard banging in a few winners, that’s good cos I like backing horses from that stable.

Back from a weeks holiday.

I see JOE TIZZARD has the yard ticking along very sweetly last 7 runners have produced 5 winners, loads of well handicapped horses in that yard after the terrible time they have had.

DUNDALK

5.05 Sweet November 2pts e/w 22/1 4 places skybet and powers

12.48 KILDRUM 2pts e/w 18/1 skybet 4 places 3rd 16/1 profit 5.2pts

Bank 27.5pts

12.48 KILDRUM 2pts e/w 18/1 skybet 4 places

Raced 11 times for Mikey and four of them were here at Hexham resulting producing form figures of 1...pu...5....2.....the pulled up was on the heavy over an inadequate 2m4f

Jockey Emma has ridden the horse to win before, according to the other site horse is in decent form at home and now 20/1 with skybet may plod on for a place

• Advertisement

Bank 32.7pts

Doncaster 3.13 ON TO VICTORY 2pts e/w 14/1 skybet 7 places

Won this race two years ago off a rating of 99 runs off 92 tomorrow.

Onto Victory has raced 27 times and has finished in the first three places no less than 14 times.

Advertisement