Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - Windows & Door Recommendations

• 12-09-2022 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,

We are in the process of Building our home and are wondering about recommendations and experiences for Windows and Door manufacturers. I have been looking at a number of them, most of which offer similar systems, so I wanted to ask about experiences with vendors and the end products. 

I've so far contacted Rationel, Nordan, Tribe Windows Galway, Fairco, Nordic Architectural and EcoWindows Concepts. Another I found was Fenbro however they seem to import like EcoWindows (I presume some of the others do also).

We are not committed to any particular vendor so any experience would be greatly appreciated on any of those or other vendors.

Experiences by PM please to comply with site rules.

Thanks,

M1andM2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭munsterfan2

I wont mention the manufacturer, but just to say make sure you, your builder / contractor and the window company agree on the opening measurements. On the day, write the measurements down and have all present sign and agree that this is what was measured. We had a complete ****-show with the installation as the openings were all too tall compared to the windows and everyone blamed everyone else. Doors went in / out 3 times, windows twice,

Advertisement