Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date (or week) and amount for lump sum of the fuel allowance

Options
  • 12-09-2022 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

It's pretty soon but does anyone know from experience when the first lump sum of the fuel allowance is paid and how much in total???

I was never on the lump sum before so know nothing about it

TYI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TempAccount111

Sorry to jump in here too - but can you not apply for the Fuel Allowance if on JSB?

Seems fairly harsh being punished while only recently finished up in a role compared to JSA where people may have been on that long-term

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Week beginning the 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

That is when fuel allowance starts but not what the OP asked.

That will be after the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭2PieceJigsaw

A quick Google and it's the 26th of this month.

The first lump sum of the fuel allowance is being paid the week of the 26th. What did you think the OP was asking about?

• Advertisement

I thought fuel allowance is week of the 26th but lump sum was to be announced in budget on 27th.

I'll happily go with what you posted.

Fuel Allowance Payment Dates 2022 – 2023

The weekly Fuel Allowance Payments will start in the last week of September 2022 and they will paid on the same day as your usual weekly pension or benefit. (Unless you have opted for lump-sum payments.)

The final weekly fuel allowance payment is due to be made in the second week of April 2023.

Fuel allowance claimants can also receive the Fuel Allowance in 2 lump sums instead of weekly payments.

The first lump sum of €462 will be paid in the last week of September 2022. 

The second lump sum of €462 (14 weeks at €33 per week) will be paid in the 1st week of January 2023

Thanks.

I think I'm off topic as I mixed it up with payment to help pay bills. Sorry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No you need to be in receipt of a qualifying social welfare payment and satisfy a means test.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gotz

Cheers thanks. Yeah I knew it was coming fairly soon but wasn't sure of exact dates and amounts especially with the budget in or around the same time.

TY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭batistuta9

That's not confirmed, only something posted on moneyguideireland, which in fairness will be close enough but 100%

The budgets on the 27th, you'd expect an increase in the payment & eligibility to be expanded. First payment 1st week October

The first payment of Fuel Allowance is the week beginning the 26th of September. Here’s the citizens information website which comes under the umbrella of the DEASP.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Can someone clarify the following from today's newspaper

Thousands of others will also be considered eligible for the Fuel Allowance as it is set to be dramatically expanded in the coming weeks so more households can get the €33 weekly payment before applications close on September 30.

Questions include what exactly is the expansion?

Can I apply before Sept 30 this Friday?

Beam me up Scotty.

The expansion is that instead of only allowing €120 over and above the state pension rate for your personal family circumstances it will be €200.

For people over 70 this will be €500.

But this won’t start till Jan.

My advice to you is to complete the application form and send it in. If your refused then there’s nothing to stop you from applying again in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

I know there is a list of qualifying payments from the gov.ie webpage below.

After the first list Qualifying payments there is a second list: Living situation. Is that a sub list or is it another way of qualifying?

if you did not have a payment from the first list can you still qualify from a Living situation. I'm not a pensioner or receiving any of the other payments but do qualify from the second list

Qualifying payments

You may qualify for a Fuel Allowance if you are getting any of the following payments:

• Basic Supplementary Welfare Allowance (if qualified)
    • Blind Pension
    • Death Benefit Pension under Occupational Injuries Benefit Scheme
    • Deserted Wife's Benefit or Allowance
    • Disability Allowance
    • Farm Assist
    • Guardian's Payment (Contributory or Non-Contributory)
    • Incapacity Supplement under the Disablement Pension Scheme
    • Invalidity Pension
    • Jobseeker’s Allowance Transition
    • Jobseeker's Allowance (if qualified)
    • One Parent Family Payment
    • Revenue Job Assist
    • Social Security Payment (of which there is an Irish equivalent payment) from a country covered by EU Regulations or a country with which Ireland has a Bilateral Social Security Agreement
    • State Pension (Contributory or Non-Contributory)
    • Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner’s Pension (Contributory or Non Contributory)

Living situation

You may qualify for a Fuel Allowance if you live alone or only with:

Beam me up Scotty.

No. If your not on a qualifying payment then you won’t get the allowance. You have to have the qualifying payment and then meet the second list of conditions to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Hi ALL, just applied for the allowance this week and i will qualify i think i opted for the bulk payment just wondering am i late on getting the first payment if i do qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You’ll get paid weekly until January as you’ve missed the first lump sum. You’ll get the January lump sum then.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Great thanks - also just wondering do you get a letter actually saying you have been approved i applied 3 weeks ago and posted my forms but have heard nothing iv asked a few and some say you dont receive any letter stating you have qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You won’t hear back that quick. Anything to do with social welfare generally takes months. I posted a letter about my disability allowance in July and they haven’t got to me yet. I ring every so often and they just tell me to wait a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Shellybabes87

Couldn't find anything else relating to fuel allowance so i hopennoone minds me asking here. Does anyone know the January lump sum date? Is it this week? Lump sum dates are impossible to find anywhere. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

It should have been paid the first week of January.

No idea I got it on September but didn't get it last week so I was curious when it was due to be paid can't find any info on the lump sums just says paid in January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I got it last week

Advertisement