Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan - New Account

• 13-09-2022 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just want to check on possibilities for something like this. (Likely a case of actuallt having to go into a Credit Union to ask though)

I am currently on JSB but starting a new role end of September with 1st payment late October then

If I went into a St Francis Credit Union and opened an account with them, would there actually be any hope that they would give a loan of €500ish knowing that I'll be getting paid my new salary from late October? Or would they require me to put x amount of money in now (which I wouldn't be able to)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭AnRothar

Credit Unions tend to be flexible in their lending practices these days.

They will have a number of loan types available each with different rates.

They days of having x amount of shares to get y amount of money still exist but do not always apply.

They nowadays mostly look at your ability to repay, previous credit history and loan purpose.

I would suggest go and have a conversation with your credit union to see what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TempAccount111

Thank you

Yes I think I’ll go in with the confirmation of the new role and go from there confirming I could start repayments from end of October (which is surely fairly standard for loans anyway to start payments a month or so after beginning the loan)

Will let you know how it goes

Advertisement