Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy Part Time Contract

Options
  • 13-09-2022 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I’ve been with my company 9 years. For the first 6 years I worked full time hours and for the last three years I’ve been on a part time contract (0.6 FTE). It looks like I am going to be made redundant due to organisational restructuring. Please can someone tell me if my redundancy package will be calculated only on my part time (0.6 FTE) salary for the 9 years or will it be based on my full time salary for 6 years and part time salary for 3 years? Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭head82

My understanding is your redundancy package is calculated on your last two years of whatever your weekly wage was. In your case, that's a reduced part time wage. That's statutory entitlement. Of course, your contract may state different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You "should" get a package from whatever firm is underwriting, for want of another word, the redundancy scheme.

It will outline your redundancy calculation, pension options etc.

I think you are too long working part time to have any of your full time hours considered. Though it should all be in the pack once you get it.

Answers

Advertisement