Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Also, due to the early dispatch, can we collect our orders early?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

Interesting, the copy I received from Smyths doesn't have the opening band with nintendo logo on it. It has no band in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thatphil

Only time I remeber that happening was for Animal Crossing when the shops were due to shut imminently because of the pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Queue GIFs of posty and Smyths staff lickings the tears off the cart from the unsealed game in 3-2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Tempted to surprise my eldest with a new Switch OLED for his communion and Tears... its all for him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That's what you get for all those Korok posts

now shut the front door and go play, I'm going dark until 10am tomorrow morning when I have my sweet sweet collectors edition in my paws although the €300 in eshop vouchers I have may get spent on a splurge at 00:00 just so I can join in the fun.

See you all on the otherside

Luckily I don't have the Switch at the moment (but it's returning this evening) or I don't know what I might do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I've done about 8 laps of Hyrule in BOTW on the master cycle zero with excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Just an fyi for those who pre-ordered at a higher price from Smyths.

As part of the Smyths Toys pre-order price promise, if our price on the date of collection or dispatch is less than the price at the time of placing your order, you will pay the lower price. In cases where a money off voucher was used when placing your order, you will receive either the benefit of our pre-order price promise or the money off voucher, not both together.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Got the Collector's Edition. Just about to jump into the game. Didn't think I'd be playing it the day before.

Got a surprise when taking the sleeve off the box as it shows something that was not shown previously!

It does all fit nice together. Happy the artbook is hardback. The game for me was sealed but it doesn't have the PEGI logo on it due to it being on the outside of the box.

The Iconart steel poster has a good feel to it but I would have preferred a statue like in the Collector's Edition for Breath of The Wild. Little pins look cool, I'm sure they will mean something soon. The steelbook itself is beautiful and one of the better ones.

I have the quick download it has on it to update it and now I'm about to start - already seen a bit of the beginning.

Enjoy it all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

My copy just arrived. God bless Smyths. Gonna be a long day until I get a chance to dive in later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just arrived in time for lunch. Time to blast through tutorial area again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

my smyths copy showed up with the tag. I guess todays plans have changed slightly!

Smyths made Christmas day come a day early..😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's hard to know where it'll land score wise. It could be better overall than BOTW, but as a sequel it won't have that wow factor that the first had.

You'll have garbage sites like Nintendo Life(Death ☠️) that will automatically give it 10/10 and on the other hand you'll have the likes of Jim Sterling perhaps looking for attention, they been at it already in the last number of days. And they had one of the lowest scores for BOTW. There's quite a few will be give perfect 10's whether it deserves it or not and the same with the lower scores. This is the first Switch exclusive game(for now) and that's going to play a part in the scores.

I think some are going to score it high as a Switch swan song and to try and to outdo its predecessor. So for that reason I will say 97% on Metacritic, the same as BOTW. Maybe 98%.

I don't know if it does or not, but if there's no underwater gameplay and exploration, I'll be disappointed.

Half an hour until the review embargo lifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 orangeparrot

The listing for the TOTK console shows a banner saying its a bundle now. Says in the description that the game is not included though. Wonder which it is?

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-oled-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-edition/p/224651

Postman just dropped off my copy of the collectors edition. Time to spend another 500+ hours in Hyrule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Reviews are up now. Scores As expected tbh for a Nintendo flagship game.

Yup, 10s flying around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be doing too bad.

Who will be the first controversial one?

Be interesting to see a kotaku review since Nintendo blacklisted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

Yes! See you all at Christmas!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s inappropriate the government didn’t rush through legislation to declare an impromptu bank holiday when they saw copies arriving and the reviews dropping, honestly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There are digital copies, right? Haven't been following the release so will probably pick it up at some stage.

Oh? Why's that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just watched the Digital Foundry review, overall very positive and that patch improves performance noticeably. But what he said at the end of the video interests me more than the tech stuff - it’s a more crafted game than the first, a more interesting open world it sounds like. Looking forward to playing it later tonight.

Nintendo are unreal. I can't believe we have another brilliant and most importantly FUN game from them. It's like they shadow dropped Christmas on everyone. 😁😁😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Wishing I went with Smyths rather than the digital version.

Advertisement