Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Jesus Christ, I thought I was excited and then watched the IGN review, absolutely **** giddy for 12am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I can't believe it's getting such great reviews AND I've avoided all the spoilers ... except what was in the recent trailer and that short walkthrough the producer did. A win win 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Complately avoided all spoilers apart from the trailer. Going in blind. Knocking off work shortly, should have it on within the hour. And the missus is away until Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I'm sat here looking at the box and stuck on meetings all day - torture. Maybe I should just invent a power cut or something 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Junior just home from school. Gona get first look at it together. Can't believe those reviews. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

First impressions. No spoilers, don't worry!

If you have played Breath of the Wild, it is very familiar. It will get you thinking outside the box on how to do things. I would be spoiling it more if I go into more details but there is, thus far, a nice blend of both old and new.

The idea of being able to throw a stick with a barrel attached in a clutch is everything I never knew I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Got mine in the mail today:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

That df review has me almost reaching for the wallet. I think I’ll try hold off a week or 2 and get botw finished first though. It looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Went into smyths to get my collector edition, apparently no stock until tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

What did you think would happen? :D

Are they doing a midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Couple of hours in. Its huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only 96 on metacritic? Preorder cancelled!

Speaking of getting it early, I can't remember what game it was but I got notified by text that the game was ready for collection on a Thursday night so since I was nearby and Smyths didn't close until 9pm on Thursdays, I went over. But unfortunately it wasn't actually ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Pre-ordered from Smyths. It didn't arrive today ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

My preorder from Smyths was waiting for me when I got in from work. Teeny tiny patch and away we go*, can't claim my points for it yet.

*Well, I said away we go, away it went when my son saw it, so it'll probably be 6 months before I see it again.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I’m the same

expecting it first thing though!

So, my daughter has taken the switch and the game just as I was about to play it. 😒

Sounds like someone who's just convinced themselves to get a second Switch.

Nah. The next switch we get here will be the new switch when it arrives and with a game worth getting 😁

• Advertisement

So the fact I just received the text telling me it's ready for collection is permission for me to just go there now and collect it by any means necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 srcmtrl

I just walked into my GameStop and cheekily asked if I could just grab my preorder now and they let me. Can't wait to play!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

I went for 2 pints after work in the nearby brewery not expecting my text until morning 😭😭.

Disaster

Like i said earlier, the last time that happened and I went to Smyths to collect it I was told I would have to come back the next day. So no need to rush now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just got my text from Smyths barstewards I'd have gone in to grab it where's epona when ya need her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Still on the starting islands but the way(s) you navigate rails in this… *chef’s kiss*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Stock up with plenty of 2 apples and 1 pepper!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭peter4918

Yeah I’d say it would be great on the Xbox 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Few hours in. Really like it so far. Nearly out of the first area / islands and cant wait to see more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Me too!

By the time I get to play it I expect it to be Autumn, if I'm lucky

Advertisement