Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mod Instruction: No more negative, deliberately provocative posts, a warning this time, next time a ban from the forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hate all y'all that are playing this before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Played a couple of hours, nearly finished first area. So good. Would gladly stay up noodling around with this for the night but work, life, responsibilities etc. Looking forward to see how it opens up after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Awesome, just snapped up one of the 3 left in the Naas store. Cheers for the heads up!

Now, do you think they’ll refund my in-store fiver deposit for the basic edition?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Played an hour or two there, still in the tutorial area so haven’t even started the game proper I guess. Ultra Hand is pretty damn cool, weapons breaking in super fast time is not and I’d prefer not to see an amiibo icon in my ability wheel for the entire game - zero interest in that. So far it’s very promising though and can’t wait to get further in over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I fell off the intro opening credits area instead of doing it heroically as I was trying to adjust the TV mode. 😁 Definitely regular mode is smoother than game optimizer mode on my tv. It's smooth and stable enough, but I've been spoiled by 60 FPS games. Maybe there are more tweaks I can apply.

It's got very similar beats to the opening in the first game. i.e. serene exploration and wonder. By not even trying I end up going the right way. It's great. There is a similar running to the top of the hill moment like from the first game. Beautifully done too.

I've already discovered two fun ways to cross a chasm. A new mechanic is taking a mechanic from the old game to a whole new plane. I've barely touched upon it and I know it's going to be brilliant.

I'm going to finish a couple of other games rather than leave them in limbo, take a long break and get back to this game. I just don't want to rush/burn/grind through it. I think it'll be a game to savour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mine is sitting in a depot in Swords, according to Amazon.

My son is being very nonchalant about it, but I know he'll be paying nothing else once it gets here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tutorial area is a good old chunk of game - I wasn’t rushing or anything, but still 4 or so hours of the opening islands took up all but 15 minutes or so of my playtime this evening.

That’s not a complaint - the new tools are incredibly exciting, and it takes the time to teach you them while still making you feel like you’re figuring out how it all works for yourself.

Pretty wowed so far - quite a feat to make something that’s so familiar simultaneously feel so fresh. The basic foundation is there, but the new tools really let you interact with the world in a way I’m not sure I’ve seen in a game of this scale.

But proper exploration of plains and mountains of Hyrule will have to wait until tomorrow. Hell of a first impression though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Never even thought to switch it to regular mode on my LG. Much better thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

my amazon release day guaranteed order still hasn't dispatched, says arriving today on the orders page

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wow Smyths collector edition sold out almost every store hopefully some of you got some.

I feel like a 6 year old on Christmas morning can't wait until I get to open my new game.

Yep, OLED/game optimizer is too fast for 30 FPS on my TV. Which is funny because the new Switch screen is OLED. Anyway it's better on regular/other modes I think. There might be other tweaks.

I'll give it a go on a IPS LED monitor too and see how that compares.

My son is up early, just in case....

But Amazon are taking their time!

It's still awaiting a spot on a van I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

My Smyth's order arrived this morning. Might work from home today...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Game arrived in the post just there.

Working from home at the moment...

After all why not? Why shouldn't I play it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I offer my services as court appointed tormenter to dispatch with this korok seed lover

Bravo Smyths €420 bundle of Tears Oled and Tears game

Fly High over Hyrule 420 4eva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

My TOTK pro controller preorder got cancelled by smyths. :( Any of you got yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

looks like they got zero in stock.

trying argos and same thing at reserve point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Smyths dispatched my Pro controller yesterday, arriving at some stage today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭jj880

Totally addicted. Into Hyrule now. So many new discoveries and only just getting started. No problems with 1080p on a big TV for me. Game runs really well and looks glorious once I tweaked my TV settings a bit.

Got my amiibos

PSA The amiibo should scan while still in the packaging.

It looks amazing

Post edited by RobbingBandit on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

I got my controller pre order in store but they couldn't locate it for a bit. Also had to ask for my preorder luggage tag as it wasn't automatically given.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

I picked up my pre-order and the unwitting fools at Gamestop gave me a SOLD GOLD RUPEE by mistake! I'M-A RICH! Screw you suckers, I'm off to set up my own version of Boards, where the only topics allowed will be map-markers and korok seeds and Tingle....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'm disgusted... My day off... And it started with the nipper jumping into bed to play TOTK at 6am... And then after school drop off I was dragged to Dundrum....

This is not how I envisaged TOTK day going! 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Being dragged to Dundrum is a no no on any day. But today?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Arrived this morning from Smyths, but havent cracked it open. Case and game came yesterday.

Ordered about the end of March

Advertisement