Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think Ill be playing this for a few years. Enormous amount of content. Spent 3 hours dicking around a cave yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Switch Pro Controller for me. Can't handle the joycons. Too fiddly.

Yup, taking my sweet time with this game. I'm wondering if they have DLC planned.

I am also really interested into seeing what way Zelda goes after these hugely successful games, especially with the next console on the horizon.

Typical. Couldn't figure out how to do a puzzle involving connecting electrical points and completing a circuit. Then when I was brushing my teeth ... I figured out how to do the puzzle. 😁

Actually, there are at least two solutions. The intended one and a janky one. I love that there are janky solutions.

My daughter wants the Switch and TOTK back tomorrow. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

Luckily my son is into apex legends on playstation at the moment.

Now getting somewhere with weapons. Fused a 98 power royal guard claymore in Hyrule castle. Its needed though as this boss battle is testing me. Need to brush up on dodges/parries. Its relentless stuff.

Unless Im missing an obvious tactic like I was with 1 of the temple bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Unlocked the full land map, got shrine sensor, travel medallions, heroes path and sensor+, all this morning.

Productive day so far. 🙂

• Advertisement

Playing since day 1 and only really got into the depths yesterday. This game is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought I was entering endgame before. Turns out I took a wrong turn, going down instead of up.

So went the right way yesterday and the story continues.

The Sky is visually epic with all the islands, the sun and the surface below.

I really like the depths though. People have commented its great not knowing whats over the next hill or around the corner and of course I agree. In the depths you cant even see the hill, corner or valley 😅. It's like a next level of unknown. A surprise could be right in front of your face. You'd think it would get old as theres so much of it. Not for me. I'm doin bits of the main story but cant wait to get back down there.

To be honest I only just figured out the light roots! Havent been googling or anything. Playing blind as a bat. And now its a whole new world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Got the 120th light root last night. It was an absolute bastard as I was scouring the map looking for it. Thankfully I had the shrine above it.

• Advertisement

And heres me with 10 thinking Im Billy Big Bollix

Dam was thinking it would be easier near the end with only a few areas not lit up. Thats some going. You are an EagererBeaver!

Ha, I've done the lot of them and have 136 shrines with the known location of about 7 more. So I'm missing a few up in the sky.

52 Korok seeds...

Couldnt be arsed with the Korok seeds. Upgraded with about 15 of them. That'll do.

For lighroots you use any zonai machine or on foot?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Enough Korok seeds to upgrade each of the slots 3-4 times is so far all I've really needed (a few additional weapon slots on top of that doesn't hurt). The default inventory limits feel a bit too restrictive, but I think a couple of upgrades make things a lot more comfortable without being overwhelming.

Also just figured out what to do with Zonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭bren2001

Playing since Day 1. Around 85 hours. Just got Autobuild this morning.

I think I've done around 60 shrines and two temples. I've unlocked half the map and every day I say I'll finish off this area before being sidetracked by a random side quest or cave.

Same, only got autobuild last night. Same amount of shrines and temples but unlocked all the (ground) map in the first 2 days. First thing I did.

Planning on a weekend of random rambling.

And the Switch is gone. My life has lost all meaning now. 😁

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man, if I had a euro every time I forgot Ascend was a thing ...

I would definitely add 5 or 6 weapon slots before going into hyrule castle.

No sure when I'll next be back in Hyrule. 😒

Wind and Water temple done. I think having done BOTW, these are relatively easy for me. The water temple boss was pretty run of the mill compared to the wind temple boss. Also, you can have a ton of food, elixers handy.

These are not traditional Zelda dungeons, and are like the divine beast puzzles in BOTW. I'm completely ok with this as the entire game is chock full of the best video game puzzles I've even seen.

But, I know some people long for the traditional Zelda dungeons. Definitely think Nintendo should do a follow up to a Link between Worlds / To the past on Switch.

Definitely the whole experience is about the journey. If you go in with the intention to "finish" the game, you'll miss a huge amount of the experience. This is the nub of what an open world game should be I feel, and Nintendo gets that.

You'll get sent into hyrule castle soon enough. I found the wind boss easy and the water boss a real pain until I realised a very easy way to finish it off. Was kicking myself on that one.

Gona spend the next while exploring and gathering up arrows, bomb flowers etc then head back to hyrule castle. Will upgrade an armour set all the way too.

Open world is a curious thing. Every now and then a game grabs you and other times it doesn't. I dont care much for gta's version. Burnout Paradise I loved and of course botw and totk.

Found the wind boss and the water boss both very easy. Theyre not really temples either are they. Good fun though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through the Fire Temple last night and it was terrific fun: a big old navigation puzzle that definitely feels much more akin to the Zelda dungeons of old.

There are so many abilities and ways to use weapons it can just be luck if you remember the right one. Dont want to spoiler but I should have had the water boss done in about 10 minutes. It ended up being so simple. Was partly to do with the lower gravity and didn't click it right away. Good fun yes but fire and lightning temples/dungeons are definitely better I think. A bit of thinking needed for those.

The "matrix time" when falling + the ability to fuse different things to arrows + the gyro aiming in this game is a superb combination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Until the enemies are upgraded to silver, where a bullet-time ambush then turns into a slow way of announcing yourself to an unimpressed bullet-sponge.

Got through Spirit Temple last night, definitely my favourite one all said.

Advertisement