Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips for a 6 day trip to New York for newbies to States??

Options
  • 14-09-2022 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi.... we are a couple in our 60’s taking our first trip to New York in Oct 2022 and are looking for any Boardsie tips he can give us.... as in the following to start.

1. travel insurance.....what to watch for
    2. Bag size... some say book 2 bags each so as to have rom for purchases
    3. what attractions to prebook??
    4. Covid Certs.... needed or not?
    5. etc etc.... any tips ?

we have flights and accommodation are all booked... just want to start preparing ourselves now and get a checklist going of ‘TO DO’

Hope some Boardsies can give us some help... thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

Speaking of tips, make sure you have plenty cash for tips, especially bars, restaurants and taxis (cabs). If you don't tip at least 15% in a restautrant, the waiter will want to know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

On the purchases, aside from the dollar being expensive for Europeans for everything, you won't get the same warranty on any electronics in the US as you do in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Go to Ruddy's bar for a beer and a free hot dog...it's in hell's kitchen and only a five minute stroll from Times Square

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Funny this thread should pop upon the front page, as I'm on my way there now!

You wil have an amazing time!

Insurance - I get travel insurance through my bank and have never used it, so can't be much help there! Same with bags, I just go with hand luggage. BA asked me to upload my Cert as part of the online pre checking in on their site, but that may just be a box ticking thing. I travelled all during Covid so always had my Cert on my phone, which I'd suggest you do the same.

My one big tip for you is to catch a show! I have a full week of them as that's my reason for going. It's expensive but you will be experiencing something you can enjoy forever.

Also, if you like contemporary art, MOMA is a great visit, that's where you'll find me anyway. 😂 Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 johnny1x

take a trip on the Staten Island Ferry - it is a free service provided by the City of New York and provides a very different view of Manhattan, to include a brilliant view of Statue of Liberty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Get travel insurance today, it will cover your trip and the period between now and before you depart should anything happen in the meantime. I'd recommend Chill insurance, they cover COVID.

https://www.chill.ie/customer-care/travel/covid-faqs/

COVID certs are needed to enter US, it's usually just the airline doing the checks prior to departure. I'm not sure if any restrictions still exist for certs in New York itself.

I'd get a Revolut card for making purchases, it reduces foreign exchange fees.

Use the subway to get around, it's efficient and near a lot of attractions, saves money on taxis.

I'd do some training for long walks before you go, you wil find yourself covering a lot of ground throughout your days there. I overdid it the first few days and had to ease off the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Let us know how you get on ...we are going over for the missus 50th in December. really looking forward to it ...Id say try and book something in broadway we are looking at going ..trying to get a bit off culture and all that plus i heard the natural history museum is very good ...I think i will be left to go to that myself while the rest of them go shoppping

• Registered Users Posts: 18 emeraldsky

Where in New York are you going? I am assuming you are going to New York City, but which part? NYC is HUGE. Mammoth. There is so much to see in all of the five boroughs, and you'd need to either take the subway or a very expensive taxi trip in order to venture very far away from your hotel room, never mind to another borough. Traffic is a bear and it takes a terribly long time to get anywhere via car. The subway is cheap, but it's still a relatively long trip depending on where you are going. It's hard to recommend what to see and do without knowing where you're going.

Generally speaking, once you've made a list of the things you want to see and do, make sure you've grouped them geographically close together so that you don't waste time shuttling back and forth between things that are far apart when you could have just gone a few blocks over to see another thing on your list. That sounds rudimentary, but I've met a lot of people while traveling who didn't think to do that!

Ask the people at your hotel (or wherever you're staying) about local attractions that aren't necessarily well-known. There are some gems in NYC that are off the beaten path because everyone makes tracks for the standard NYC touristy things. Spend some time looking at areas on Google and see if anything looks interesting to you.

NYC is a hotbed for scammers. Don't make eye contact with people on the street and definitely don't hold eye contact with them! Don't allow anyone to stop you even just to ask for the time. Robberies happen even in daylight there. Keep firm hold of your handbag at all times. Essentially, just follow the usual rules of being cautious when visiting a large city. NYC is INSANELY huge and people there are correspondingly jaded and impatient. People here might make fun of my 'paranoia,' but I've spent a lot of time in NYC and it is not a friendly place. Individuals can be friendly, but the city as a whole is not. If you want to chat with the locals, the sidewalk is not usually the best time or place; people just want to get where they're going.

There are a lot of cool things to bring back as souvenirs, so at least one extra bag between the two of you is a good idea. A duffle bag that you can squish into your suitcase on your way to the US is a good plan as it doesn't take up much extra room, and you can put non-breakables in it on the way back.

NYC weather in October is generally in the mid-60s Fahrenheit during the day and down to around 50F at night. Dress in layers. A small travel umbrella (sized to fit into your purse) is a good thing to take in case it rains; the wind in NYC usually isn't strong enough to destroy an umbrella.

The noise in NYC NEVER STOPS. It is a constant cacophony of horns, building venting systems, fire engines, neighbours, etc. Even being high up in a hotel (60+ stories) will not stop the noise. If this sort of thing bothers you, bring some earplugs or some way to help you block out the noise. The plus side of this is that you can order world-class food at 3 AM if the mood takes you :) Bakery goods, Italian, French, Chinese, coffee, etc. - it's all at your beck and call, and you can have it delivered to your hotel room at pretty much any time of day or night for a fee.

Hotel safes can actually be accessed by the staff, so use your best judgment when deciding what to leave in there.

In case you didn't know, the negative covid test taken 24 hours before departure is no longer required to enter the US. You still need to be fully vaccinated against covid and supply proof of said vaccination unless you are a US citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

Just to counter the previous post, most people have no issues with scammers or thefts or anything untoward happening to them in NYC, same as Dublin, stuff happens obviously but the chances of them happening to you are slim, probably more than here granted but don't let it put you off.

What are you into? You can do and see virtually anything you're interested in in NYC. Food wise I've used Eater quite a bit around Europe and the US but not in NYC but it's also helped with finding interesting places - https://ny.eater.com/

Some good tips above but you'll probably need to ask specific questions based on what you really want to see yourself, the kind of things that interest you.

We got up early to go on the Staten Island Ferry to catch the dawn over Manhattan which was cool and seeing all the kids coming home from a night out and chancing the last chat-up line was hilarious - we were staying on Wall Street thought which made it an easier trip.

We really enjoyed the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, fascinating insight into immigrant life.

As above, Subways are great, easiest way to get around and cheap. Be careful with the weight of your bags on the way home, whereas here you might get away with an extra kilo they're quite strict there.

Above all else, have fun - I can't wait to go back.

@9320 said: "Just to counter the previous post, most people have no issues with scammers or thefts or anything untoward happening to them in NYC, same as Dublin, stuff happens obviously but the chances of them happening to you are slim, probably more than here granted but don't let it put you off."

My advice stands. Use your common sense and don't allow strangers to take advantage of you. There are a lot of panhandlers in NYC and you'd be well advised to ignore them. Dublin is a lot smaller, both land-wise and in terms of population, 1.26 million vs. 8.38 million. Use your head and you'll be fine.

The bag weight thing is random, I find. I have tended to find European and overseas airports a lot more strict about bag weight than US airports, but apparently experiences will vary in that regard. Go by your airline's allowance. (Sorry if that seems obvious, but again, I have met people who didn't know that!)

Have fun, OP. NYC has a ton of stuff to see and do. You could spend a hundred years there and never get to it all! It's hard to say more without knowing a more specific geographic area. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

I was there recently

I used the following prior to travel

We booked the 3 day pass, and visited 7 or 8 attractions, buy you can visit as many as you want in that time...

Read he T&C for the pass, some attractions you still need to book , others you can rock up and just produce your pass ticket

Was a great investment from our perspective, also includes a Hop on Hop off bus tour.

And of course you can decide if it suits your needs or not.

Try to see a show on Broadway, you can get tickets from the machines on the day at a reduced price. Or you can buy tickets from the re-sellers ( at your own risk) in and around Time square.

I recommend the High Line walk, Free and well worth taking the time to do., And it leads you directly to The Edge Building Tour.

Try to do one of the High rise tours at night,

1 WTC is a cool tour, as is The Edge. both are great tours.

Visit Grand Central Station, and while there visit the whispering wall, https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/grand-central-terminal-whispering-gallery

Visit St.Patricks Cathedral, again Free entry https://saintpatrickscathedral.org/ , and is very close to Rockefeller Centre and Top of the Rock

Take a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, and a stroll around Dumbo, again Free and a good way to spend an afternoon.

Be prepared to queue in many places, and be prepared to walk, and walk and walk.

Also have a daily plan of where you want to go mapped out geographically, makes life easier

And expect it to be expensive for Beer and food around the main tourist areas.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Been a few years since I was in NYC but here's my tips & hope they help:

• travel insurance.....what to watch for

I have vhi multitrip as my health insurance is with them & it works for me. I'd look to make sure that whatever insurance you go for covers where you're going (the amount of people I know who had Europe only cover in America).

• Bag size... some say book 2 bags each so as to have rom for purchases

So if I was planning on shopping, I always booked one bag over & 2 coming back. Get ones that fit inside each other & pack the smaller one inside the bigger one on the way over. Other option is to pack a light duffel bag in your bag for the 2nd bag on the way back. Or you can pick one up cheap enough over there. Only need to do this though if you are planning on shopping.

• what attractions to prebook??

Only attraction I've every pre-booked in New York were One World Trade & Top of the Rock at Rockeller Plaza. That would be my big tip - I have never gone up the Empire State building as most of it's beauty is on the outside. If you go up Top of the Rock, you can see the Empire State & get great pics with it in the background while on a pretty boring looking building!

• Covid Certs.... needed or not?

Don't know as haven't travelled during Covid.

• etc etc.... any tips ?

So one of the best things I did when there was do one of the red bus tours that goes over the bridges at night. It's fab & gives a lovely view of the city. Just be warned that no matter the time of the year, it's open top & can be cold up there so wrap up warm.

Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is brilliant. You can take it at your own pace & it's a lovely walk. Once over we avoided the crazy queues for Grimaldi's Pizza & went to Juliana's instead. It's owned by the people who originally owned Grimaldi's & we found the queue was a lot shorter.

Like someone else said, look at where the attractions you want to go are based as it's such a big city so group them on area rather than which you want to do most.

If you want to go shopping, I found that Woodbury Common was the best outlet to travel to. It is a day out of your trip though. Buses go from a lot of the major hotels & you can just pay as you board from memory. There is also Jersey Gardens. Look up the shops in them before you head over to decide which one (if either) you want to go to. Jersey Gardens is a bus from the depot whereas Woodbury Common is usually private coaches.

If you do get the red bus tour ticket, get the 3 day one & use it as transport. It also includes (well it did) a ferry that you can take back from Brooklyn to Manhatten which is a lovely way to get back after crossing the bridge. Other than that subways are great for travelling & you can get a subway card you can just top up. It's quite simple to follow the maps & find your way using it too so I never used taxis while over there - way too expensive!

Avoid getting into pictures with the characters in Times Square! They will want money for them!

If you like musicals at all, Marie's Crisis is a small bar that has a piano where they play show tunes all night & encourage everyone to sing along. It is a gay bar but they are incredibly welcoming in there. It does get busy though so best to get there early enough to get in & get a table (it's small).

And on that - don't forget to tip in bars. I know most of us remember to tip for food service but you have to tip the barman every time you order a drink. It's just the practice. And you might find yourself not getting served or in bad books if you don't. However if you do forget, someone will likely remind you so just apologise & tip - mention that you're Irish & not used to it & you'll usually get away with not upsetting them then!

Other than that have a great time! I love New York so much so completely jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Hey - Thanks all!! Some great thoughts thrown up there.

We are in a hotel just off Times Square...... fyi.

PS.... what is the 'TIP' etiquetet ?? 15% on all food AND drinks??? Can we include in the Bill or is Cash better???

Also - what is the 'cheaper' items on Ireland that people go for ??? Levis, Tommy Hilfiger ?? Daughter asking about buying an Iphone for her and she Revolute me the money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Tip I found is min 15% on food & usually nearer 20%. It's because the servers are relying on the tips to make up their wages (food places can pay less than min wage & use tips to make up the difference). I always preferred to overtip for good service because of that & gave 15% min (10% only if service was terrible!).

iPhones don't work out much cheaper at all anymore with the exchange rate. Don't forget that you have to add sales tax to the price you see on the product so initially it looks a lot cheaper but the sales tax does bring it up. The outlets do offer good value & I mainly got clothes, shoes & bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Planning on bringing some cash with us to cover some tips but worth noting that, according to "t'internet", an increasing number of restaurants are implementing a no-tipping policy. They either add on a service or administrative charge or they have hiked their prices, and use the money to better pay their workers (the policy will typically be indicated on the menu or bill).

In lieu of that the recommended amounts/% you should tip are;

Hotel doorman: $1-2 for hailing a cab.

Porters and bellhops: $1–$2 per bag.

Housekeeping: $1–$2 per day of your visit, or as much as $5 per day.

Waitstaff and bartenders: 15–20 percent of total bill, although it seems up to 25% is not unusual for exceptional service.

Bartenders typically expect at least a $1 tip for every beverage they serve you. Taxi drivers: 15–20 percent of total fare.

Tips for other service personnel, such as theatre ushers, tour guides and coat-check staff, are always appreciated.

Separately, sales tax brings another fun game of how much am I really paying. Marked prices typically don’t include tax. The sales tax on most goods and services in New York City is 8.875 percent. But there are a few exceptions:

There is no sales tax on many food items purchased at grocery stores but heated or otherwise prepared foods are an exception.

And there is no sales tax on clothing or footwear under $110.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I dont think I seen it mentioned but you could head for a comedy club, beer prices are usually more expensive but can be a decent night.

Centeral Park is brilliant and free , even to just walk around with no plan. Beer is expensive but worth it. When I was there in March weed is everywere just be aware of the smell .

Its a great town to visit and holiday in , you could literally walk to any avenue and you could experience something different.

Ive never had any problems in New York but on my last visit I noticed alot more homeless than previous visits with only one incident , a man begging us while we were trying to pay the fare to taxi. The taxi man moved him on quickly tho . If he had just let us pay I would have give him something but he was very in your face and we had good bit of casholo on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If you are buying the new iPhone 14, they are quite a bit cheaper, just make sure when you buy that it isn’t linked to a US network.

Ive been to New York many times, used to live there, and just returned 3 weeks ago. It is an amazing city, you will really enjoy it. But it is expensive.

The 9/11 memorial is a must, the boat ride around Manhattan is highly recommended, there is a new experience in the Vanderbilt building which is really cool, but only if you are comfortable with heights, it is a glass cage hanging out over the side of the top floor of a skyscraper. If you like walking, spend and afternoon in Central Park, be prepared to see all kinds of weird. There is a lot of rubbish on the streets at the moment unfortunately due to low staffing levels in the sanitation Dept, NYC has rarely looked as dirty, but don’t let it out you off, it’s not normally like that. Visit Macy’s, and for the most part the food is very good in bars. One of my favourite bars, Jimmy’s corner isn’t far away from you.

Enjoy it, it will pass really fast.

Post edited by Dav010 on

9/11 memorial on site of Twin Towers ground zero is a must.

https://www.911memorial.org/visit/museum

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Two recommendations.

Great city, have a ball, walk as much as you can and take it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

• Advertisement

Pretty much any restaurant you go to will still expect tipping; any restaurant that is trying to limit or abolish tipping is the exception, not the rule. 15% is the minimum if the service was acceptable, but people are starting to expect 20%. If the service was bad (truly the server's fault, not the kitchen's fault), then you're within your rights to not tip at all, but that is up to you; there is a whole debate about whether or not to tip servers who treated you poorly.

Taxis in New York allow you to pay via credit or debit card, and you can tip via the card as well. The drivers prefer cash, though. All people you tip will prefer cash. In restaurants, you can pay via cc/debit card and strike through the tip area, then give the server cash; they prefer this. I would NOT use my debit card anywhere except to withdraw cash at an ATM; US-issued debit cards lack the protections that your cc has. Not sure how Irish banks handle debit cards, so that advice might be completely useless. It's not unknown to have a server in a restaurant steal your cc details - it's happened to my husband and me around 4 times and we have eaten out perhaps 30 times in a decade (we're really good cooks!), so keep an eye on your cc statement after you get back just in case.

It's worth installing Uber on your smart phone if you don't already have it, as taxis can be hard to get sometimes. Uber is EVERYWHERE in Manhattan and the drivers tend to keep their cars immaculate, so I used Uber instead of taxis while I was there. It was more convenient in a lot of ways; you don't have to try to hail a cab, you just wait and the Uber driver will find you. Tip your Uber driver just as you would a taxi driver. The Uber app sets up payment electronically so you pay for the ride automatically without having to dig out your card. Cash tipping is appreciated, but you can add a tip via the app.

I guess this might vary from hotel to hotel, but you don't necessarily need to tip the hotel staff for hailing you a cab, especially if you're going to be staying a while. Definitely say thank you, and they would not turn down a tip, either. :)

As you're in Manhattan, I'd recommend the Dyckman Farm Museum. It is the oldest farmhouse on Manhattan, and has a little land around it as well. The Dyckmans used to own a big chunk of Manhattan. It's funny to think of Manhattan as having been farmland at one time. There are several tiny islands next to Manhattan in the various waterways, which have lovely gardens and things to explore. Times Square is tourist central, so you have no shortage of things to see and do. Again, look around the area and see what interests you. So many restaurants, theatres, etc. Are you looking for things off the beaten path in addition to the classic tourist things?

The 9/11 site has a lot of sadness. I really don't like how they handled that area; it makes me mad. But it's worth going and paying your respects to those who died.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

In no particular order: comprehensive Travel Insurance, comfortable footwear, if buying electronics be aware US has different voltage so adaptors may be needed.

Staten Island Ferry (free) with great views of Manhattan and Lady Liberty, go over to Brooklyn and walk back across Brooklyn Bridge at Sunset.

I'd give the outlets a miss - with horrendous exchange rate it's not that good value plus it'll take the best part of a day - wasted in my mind. Canal Street has lots of little stores with genuine fake products.

Cosmetics and make-up are a 3rd of the price here as are a lot of OTC meds. Read up on the tipping.

Valid passport and ESTA, Covid certs and attestation form which you can fill out with your airline or in the airport. JFK is HUGE so allow plenty of time for security - same if flying home from Newark. Download the UBER App - 1/2 the price of yellow cabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Just to say about the new iPhone 14 if buying in the US. The US 14 only comes with Esim which means an regular SIM card won’t work and Vodafone are the only phone company in Ireland that do Esim’s.

I will post more tips later, been there in 2018 and heading again in 3 weeks so I have some research done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YellowGiraffe

I disagree w this advice. You need cash to tip room service & bellhops but 99% of tipping is via credit card. You add it by percentage when you swipe your card. 20% is standard, 25% is preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YellowGiraffe

I lived in NYC for 6 years and travel there often.

Be careful using the subway. It's a FAR bigger system than any other city I've been to and isn't as user-friendly as, say, Tokyo. Make sure you understand if you're taking an express train or local. Google Maps' public transit directions are useful.

Download Yelp. Yelp is very popular in the US. If you're somewhere and looking for a bite it's very reliable. The options for food in NYC is extremely overwhelming. Many, many bad places.

Most museums have timed tickets since Covid. So you need to make reservations in advance. Top museums are: The Met, Guggenheim, The Whitney, & MOMA. And the American Museum of Natural History.

You can get relatively cheap theater tickets via TKTS.

If you are going to Central Park you should plan on visiting Bethesda Fountain and taking a walk through the Ramble.

Be aware that Midtown is not really NYC. You need to venture out to get any kind of authentic experience. My favorite neighborhoods are the Lower East Side & TriBeCa.

Favorite inexpensive restaurants: Barrio Chino, La Contenta, Pepe Russo, Pearl Oyster Bar, Grey Dog, Kati Roll, Veselka.

Favorite expensive restaurants: Il Mulino, Gramercy Tavern, The Modern.

Not to belabor the point but tipping under 20% is really unacceptable in the US. There is no social safety net and service workers have experienced the brunt of Covid nightmare.

Hope this is helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

NYC has become seriously expensive. It’s a fantastic city but whatever your budget is, be sure to add some contingency.

Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is super, the views are stunning and from the Brooklyn side having a pizza is the the reward before the return trip.

Walking to Wall Street and a picture with the bull and the defiant girl are nice touches before walking a little further to the Staten Island ferry. It’s free, a great trip from which to see the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan Skyline.

My Wife and I loved Top of the Rock. Feel it’s better than a visit to the Empire State mostly cause from top of the rock that’s the building in your eyeline.

If you’ve never been, it’s an incredible experience while also very overwhelming. The noise of sirens and traffic honking is insane. And it’s the first thing you’ll miss when you leave.

have a great time.

Post edited by Tazium on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Again - many thanks....... and a couple of more questions as the date draws close....

1. How best to get from JFK to the Hotel??? Should I book something in advance. So - same for teh return in a weeks time.
    2. What about Mobile usage / Roaming costs over there....... We are on EIR & GOMO mobile here. Should I turn 'off' anything to avoid a big bill on return?? Can I use WIFI over there for FREE ?????
    3. What are their Clothing Sizes versus our own.... mainly for presents for the family etc. Dont want to buy a Large in a Shirt there to find that our Large is a Medium over there.....
    4. Am going out of Shannon..... what time would u recommend to be at Airport. I presume that Checkin wont open til -2 hrs before Departure...????

Many thanks again...... alot in this thread to condider

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

From JFK to the city is a fixed fare. Trains are less expensive but then you’ve to navigate to your hotel from the train/subway.

Switch off roaming, it’s not worth the hassle. Free Wi-Fi in the NYC library, all Starbucks and in most restaurants, and hotels too.

Sizes, try on to be sure. There’s huge variety. Macy’s department store is one you can lose yourself in but it’s got everything.

Cant tell you anything about exit from Shannon. Never went that way myself.

I’m already envious of the experiences you’ll have. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Most places have free Wifi so switch off roaming.

Do a Google search for clothing sizes as they do differ, as do shoes.

Recommended time is 3 hours for Pre-Clearance. You might or might not need it but better to be early than 1 minute late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Have been to NYC several times over the years and heading again in 2 weeks time (this time with a gang of mates so likely to be a lot of socialising and not much sight seeing this time).

When I was last there in 2014 with my now wife - we enjoyed a dinner at the River Cafe by the Brooklyn Bridge. It was pricey but was really nice. Great views and the food was lovely.

if anyone here has any other recommendations beyond the standard sightseeing would be interested to hear. Have done the so-called main touristy things over the years at this stage.

Advertisement