Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eurieka.ie

• 14-09-2022 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭

Has anybody purchased from here post Brexit? Should I expect to pay another chunk of tax on top of their advertised prices or do they have stock here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

From the website, looks Irish and based in Ballymount, Dublin.

Their VAT inclusive prices look a bit high compared to ordering from Amazon.de or other German sites.

You'd be paying a premium for convenience on items that are in stock (check the "order today, will ship" detail beside price on page.).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Hey, thanks for replying. They do seem to have a registered office in London, hence my apprehension. The laptop I’m looking at is basically the same price as Amazon DE. €1 in the difference, it’s actually cheaper overall with shipping. Customs would obviously mess that up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Looks ok to me, if in doubt I'd use their customer service chat to ask.

https://www.eurieka.ie/about

"We also operate a website which is supported by Hewlett Packard Ireland (HP) and all orders and customer service functions are fulfilled by Eurieka.ie. HPShop.ie is Ireland's dedicated online store for all HP products in one place. For more information and to browse the broad HP product range, visit www.hpshop.ie."

I just compared some component prices, and they were a bit more expensive than equivalent of another Irish supplier elara.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

I’ve bought from them before and the price was as advertised

Advertisement