Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare bank statements

• 14-09-2022 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have been receiving Jobseekers Benefits for nearly over 6 months I recently got a letter that my Benefit is ending soon and I need to apply for Jobseekers allowance and they are requesting 3 months bank statements. I have a online gambling addiction and nearly all my transactions are made for gambling and I'm worried if I do send them bank statements ill be in trouble. Any suggestion or has anybody been in this situation?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

just redact the entries you dont want them to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Why would you get in trouble? It's not illegal to gamble. A lot of people get trapped in it especially when they're unemployed. I mean the racing is on during the day half the people in the bookies are on pensions or the dole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They will only be concerned if you have over €20k or unexplained income coming in to the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

It is your money and gambling is completely legal.

Just make sure you are not backing more than you can afford to lose and above all enjoy your gambling, if you are not enjoying it give it a rest for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Its the balance in your account their interested in to decide how much you are entitled to get now that you are switching to jobseekers allowance , if you have more than 20K they reduce your allowance a small bit ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement