Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 105 - possible to back up contacts on the cloud?

Options
  • 14-09-2022 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

My mum got a new Nokia 105 recently, this is an old-school type of traditional mobile, the only one Three in Dundrum had - she didn't want to get smartphone as she is elderly. We were able to move Sim card from her old phone (her old phone got wet and went kaputt) to the Nokia but I thought I would be able to back her contacts up online so if anything happens to phone she has contacts backed up but when I plugged it into my laptop the laptop didn't seem to recognise the phone, does anyone know if it is possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It has no mobile internet features and no PIM sync features. I believe it can only be made store numbers on the SIM card, with the limitations that involves (max capacity, name and number only etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Ah ok thanks L1011. So no way of replicating the SIM card, other than write the numbers down basically?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

The 105, and I suspect the previous phone do not back up to the cloud automatically (however Google Cloud can be synchronised with a few settings), nor are they recognised as devices when connected to a PC

Here is some info found online that may help, or at least send you off in the correct direction.

This from Phones-Brain.net

How to export your contacts on your Nokia 105

We will see in this tutorial how export your contacts on your Nokia 105. Contacts are a very important feature of your Nokia 105 and so you may want to export them from your Nokia 105 to another phone or the Cloud.

To make the best use of the features offered by the contacts it is very simple.

We will see how to export your contacts from your Nokia 105 to another smartphone first, from your Google account located in the ‘Cloud’ in a second step, thirdly from files in vCard format or VCF files, and to finish CSV files Editable with a spreadsheet application like Google Sheet.

Export your contacts from another device to your Nokia 105

To export contacts from another device, you must first export them to your SIM card or an SD card.

To do this, you will need to insert a SIM or SD card into your new Nokia 105. Once done, go to the "Contacts" category of your Nokia 105. In this menu, you can press the ‘Settings’ button at the bottom right of your Nokia 105. An ‘Export’ option to the SIM card or Memory card will be available.

Press it depending on your backup mode.

Our other articles on Nokia 105 can help you.

Follow the on-screen instructions and your contacts will be exported to your backup media inserted in your Nokia 105.

Export your contacts from Google Cloud to your Nokia 105

This is a little known but very interesting option for who knows how to do it: export your contacts from the Cloud to your Nokia 105. To do this, go to the ‘Settings’ menu, accessible from the home screen of your Nokia 105, then in ‘Account and Synchronization’. Once there, click on your Google Account.

This opens a new window that will allow you to check the synchronizations of contacts, emails and calendars.

Choose what you want to activate and it will automatically export your contacts to the Google Cloud.

Export your contacts to a VCF file on your Nokia 105

Another option to export your contacts from Nokia 105 is to use the VCF file system. This option will allow you, along with CSV files, to share your contact lists from your Nokia 105. As in our first paragraph, go to the ‘Import / Export’ section of the ‘Contacts’ folder of your Nokia 105. From there, click on ‘Export’ and then choose the VCF format.

Once you have validated the operation and selected the source VCF file, you can export all your contacts from your Nokia 105. Conversely, you can import contacts to make a new backup on your Nokia 105.

Export your contacts to a CSV file from your Nokia 105

If you want your files to be in CSV format, then exporting them to your Nokia 105 will require you to export them from your Gmail account.

Once in your Gmail account, click ‘Contacts’ above the Email Dial button.

Then click ‘More Actions’ and finally ‘Export’. Choose the CSV file to which you want to export your contacts, and validate.

Once finished, you can synchronize any Nokia 105 with your Gmail account as mentioned in the previous paragraph.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Ok thanks Timfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Save them to the SIM.

Put the sim in a spare smart phone and backup then up there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement