Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir No Limits 5G?

• 14-09-2022 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

I switched over to Eir €9.99 No Limits 5G today, but when I log into MyEir I see the following.

25Gigs? Seems like a small amount even for a fair usage allowance. Am i missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭editorsean

It looks like 5 days pro rata to match your current Eir package, i.e. appears to be a billing period of 19 August to 18 September:

19.355GB / 5 * 31 = 120GB

4.839GB / 5 * 31 = 30GB EEA

It should show the full 120GB / 30GB EEA on the next billing cycle, likely the 19th September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Oh I see. Great thanks so much that makes total sense now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭larchielads

Recently changed to 3 5g plan speeds not great around waterford. Would eir be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Patchin

No slows down ro 2mb once you reach 60 Gb data usage

Dont think ive ever used 60gb of data in a month on my phone. Other than that would eir be a better 5g network?

• Advertisement

In my fairly limited testing, I’ve not found the 5G faster than the 4G (apart from once)

Wit 3 and get no where near those speeds on 4g/5g here in waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Exact same experience from my testing around Dublin/Meath with an Eir SIM. Ended up turning off 5G and then moving back to 48 for half the price. I also found Eir seemed to drop back to 3G much quicker than 48 for some reason.

Vodafone 5G and 48 4G from same location as comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Sorry for the double post, wouldn’t multi-quote for me.

What kind of speeds are you getting with 3 and what’s your coverage like? Speed and coverage can vary greatly depending on location.

If you’re not happy with Three that only leaves you with Eir (Eir & GoMo) or Vodafone (Vodafone, Clear & AnPost). Might be worth getting an Eir SIM and testing out the coverage/speed before porting.

Saw some crazy speeds in Athlone today. Really impressed with the 5G coverage I must say. I still have no idea why someone would need that kind of speed on a mobile device unless you are tethered for work or something.

should be noted also that the speedtest are 1GB of data alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement