Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ED but only in certain positions

• 15-09-2022 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

With men of a certain age, not drink related, is it possible to get ED, but only in certain positions. Can't maintain an erection in any position except behind which isn't working for clitoral stimulation. Partner gets far more out of things on the front, but just not staying up.

Surely ED would be present in every situation/ position, not just frontal sex positions. Eyes closed so it's not a case of not looking at the mantlepiece.

Comments

There is no hard (no pun intended) rule that ED should be "present in every situation / position". It is likely to be predominantly down to what is actually causing the drop in function. This can be physical or mental.

If there was an underlying physical cause like bad health or bad diet or bad sleep or some underlying as yet undiagnosed medical condition - then yes I would be more likely to expect it to be constant over all or most situations and positions. But even then it is not a hard and fast rule. These physical issues might be putting your threshold for arousal higher - and certain positions might push you over that threshold when others do not.

But there could be less physical types of issue in play. Stress or emotional issues for example. Or some issues around what is arousing or attractive or sexual for you personally. Or some issue of emotional connection with your partner that is causing you to be less aroused in more intimate and personal positions. The position that currently is working for you is one of the least intimate in some ways for example. So if you are having some issue with connecting emotionally with your partner during sex it would make sense that the more intimate the position - the more likely the erection issues are to present.

And so on - the point being that I could write paragraph after paragraph about what could be causing this but in the end I would be throwing out informed guess work. Without a lot more information and background and so on - I simply do not know you so can not offer any actual advice or anything firm to work with. I would start with a general all round check up with a GP in your position and get all the tests done that are useful to get done at you age anyway.

Advertisement