Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difficulty opening VW Tiguan tailgate.

• 15-09-2022 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

**EDITED** (Photo added)

I've a 2012 Tiguan and the tailgate doesn't unlock along with the rest of the doors when I press the button on the remote key fob. It does unlock when I press the tailgate button that's on the fob but I have to be beside the tailgate so I can raise it otherwise it'll lock again.

Any ideas as to what the cause of this problem is?

TIA

EDIT

Would this problem be a failure for the NCT?

I think the problem might be between the tailgate opening switch/handle and the catch. How do I remove this panel?

Post edited by Up Donegal on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Possibly a setting in your in-car menu. Check your manual & play around with the settings on your dash (normally controlled by the buttons on your steering wheel). There’s often options about which doors lock/unlock when you operate the remote or switch the car on & off etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

Try pressing the unlock button twice. You should be able to change the settings in the infotainment system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Thanks for replying.

I've tried that but it doesn't work. I have the central unlocking set for "All doors" and that's why I think the problem lies between the handle/switch and the locking catch.

Does it unlock along with the doors if you hit the lock/unlock button in the car (not on the key remote)

• Advertisement

Does it deadlock along with the other doors? When a passenger is getting out of a locked door while your door stays closed & the engine stays running so they have to open it twice to get the door to open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sounds like it’s just that the microswitch on the boot door doesn’t work.

"Does it deadlock along with the other doors?"

I don't think so. When I lock and unlock the car with the fob button, I can hear the locks activating in the side doors but no sound comes from the tailgate.

When I close the tailgate, it can't be opened by using the lock/unlock inside the driver's door. And when I press the button on the fob for unlocking all the doors, only the side doors will unlock. The press switch/button (photo attached) on the tailgate doesn't open it. The only way I can open the tailgate is by pressing and holding the tailgate release button on the fob. But I have to be standing at the tailgate, fob in hand, and ready to raise the tailgate when catch pops/unlocks, otherwise it'll lock again. Or, if a passenger has to get something out of the boot, they have to be ready to lift the lid when I press the fob button while I'm sitting in the car. This button seems to 'pop' the lock open because the tailgate has only to be lifted without having to press the pictured switch/button. I would love to remove this switch/button to see if there's anything astray in there but I can't see any easy way of doing that.

There are loads of videos showing how to remove the actual lock on the edge of the tailgate, which is quite straightforward, but I couldn't find any about removing the button/switch above it. Hopefully someone here will know how it's removed.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/W377VBT43WMZ/20220915-133449.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesdarabrady

Hi, did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. Thanks.

Advertisement