Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltacht 2023

Options
  • 15-09-2022 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, This is my first post :) I am looking to book the Gaeltacht next summer for daughter in first year.

Looking at Colaiste Chamuis - have great reviews, but they don't provide transport from Dublin. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You'll need to confirm your email address before you can post in most of the forums. Once that's done I'll move this to a forum that's related to the topic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ahappychappy

A few of my sons' friends went this year (second year so mostly aged 14). Firstly, my son didn't go as he would not be comfortable sharing a room with strangers, which I respected.

Parents of teens (boys and girls) who went were a little disappointed. It is expensive trip to fund and the teens came back rather underwhelmed. Now these are genuinely (so far!) good kids, involved in a lot of voluntary activities and to date no nonsense from them at all. They reported been spoken to constantly in a disrespectful manner, and found the Bean an TI shouting at them for a lot of things they had no control over.

Food was reported as awful and as one parent said the kids felt they had stepped back in time. One girl (vegetarian) said she kept getting smart comments from the Bean on TI about what on earth would she feed her!

They didn't improve their Irish nor did they come away with the wonderful memories that I have of my trip in the `90s. These kids have done activity-based retreats for four/ five days before and all reports about them was they were well behaved teens that looked out for each other.

Look it could have been just bad luck in the houses they went to but I dont think I would be encouraging my youngest to go.

Advertisement