Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuel line

• 15-09-2022 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Does anyone know why this line is not connected to anything? Its on a Mariner 60hp 3 cylinder. The engine is running ok.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Looks like a vent / breather that might fit into the pipe below, can you see it on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭nokiatom

It does not fit into the pipe below, that is hard plastic and not rubber

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Looks like part number 24, put your engine number here https://www.boats.net/catalog/mariner/outboard/60hp and look at fuel lines to crankcase.

but there is no other pipe to connect it to and the oil pump is at the other side of the engine!

It would be hard for me to tell without knowing what engine it is two or 4 stroke the year it was made and where it was made to find a match. Maybe check your service manual it might be as simple as taking out the plastic grommet and plugging in the brass one for cold weather running to help with heating or breathing.

• Advertisement

its a Mariner 60hp 3 cylinder, 2 stroke. The engine wasnt running good and was rough sounding, also when i put it into gear it would cut out. I changed the plugs, still the same, then decided to take the carburettors out, theres three, and get them cleaned and blown. it was then I noticed that brass part with nothing connected to it. Anyway I put back the carburettors and started it up, it sounds like a new engine!

Advertisement