Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc secure app -cancel by email

Options
  • 15-09-2022 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭

No problem here

I bought a second hand house that had "homeowner" only monitoring by using a hkc app on your phone. It was a bit dated and not that useful, but I was being billed slightly less than 20 euro a month for a service with no real monitoring as such except for me.

I emailed them to cancel and within an hour remote monitoring was disabled. Just a word of warning no security check, no phone call, no notification in the app except I cannot log in. The alarm panel does now give a warning every time I start to arm that monitoring is not working and it asks if I would like to continue.

The thing is I typically use a "false" email reply to address to make emails look as if they are coming from a different email account and that was all that was needed to cancel. They still bill for the full month.

For a security company with potentially valuable customers and property monitored I was surprised any old dodgy email did the trick. I did include my account code and address, but the address only might have worked...

Comments

Advertisement