Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Flannans College from Train Station?

Options
  • 16-09-2022 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi I'll be arriving by train in Ennis tomorrow for a run which starts and finishes at St Flannan's College.

I'm just wondering how would I get there from the Train/Bus station?. Most importantly in what direction should I turn when leaving?

Also is there any place nearby where I could get a lunch afterwards?

Thanks

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

There would be taxis.

but if you prefer to walk.

leave station, take a left and walk towards town(you will see cathedral in distance)

after 50-75meters, at a tiny roundabout, take a left onto the clon road, walk for about 750m until you come to traffic lights with an Applegreen and subway.

flannans grounds are across the limerick road and depending on the entrance you need- you can enter across the road or take a left and follow the stone wall around to the main entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

With regard to food, Treacys West County Hotel is just past Flannans and has a a carvery in the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sussex18

Thanks both of you, that's very helpful. I probably will get a taxi, if there as you say 'Kollegeknight' and good to know about 'The West county'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

Its 900m to college and walk in 10 mins, taxi could be steep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I’ve no clue on taxi prices.

it’s a handy walk to be fair and very straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Google maps?

Advertisement