Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loft roll over wiring and insulating eaves

Options
  • 16-09-2022 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, after trying seven different SEAI registered contractors for attic insulation and getting zero interest - in fact told by three of them to do it myself - I have decided to do it. I have about 100mm of original which I have tidied up and am going to lay 200mm crossways over it. I have a couple of questions.

1. At the eaves it is very low. If I put the 200 in it would be blocking the gap and touching the felt. I had a couple of gaps at the edges and was getting thermal issues at edges of ceilings - mould. What is the best way to handle this? Is the 100mm enough right out at edges?

2. Wires should not be covered. There is enough slack in the wires to go over the new stuff but what about where they go down through the ceiling. I also have two heavy cables for electric showers. The lights are the traditional wire from the ceiling. Do I need to put covers over these or can I just roll away.

Thanks.

Advertisement